How come petty Treeguards are considered a boss mob but Varg isn't?

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

I consider a varg to be in the sort of a wildcard territory along with bearger, where it rewards you as long as it’s alive much more then when it dies. You can definitely get a large amount of hound drops if you spend a few minutes farming it, especially if you built a dedicated farm to handle the influx of hounds. It’s similar to how bearger can be used as a bulldozer equivalent for bulk farming items, and the fur in comparison isn’t quite as good past the first 1-2 kills, IMO.

If live Varg has value for you, good for you. Me personally, I rather farm spiders. And periodical hound waves give me more teeth than i could ask for.

I think a lot of stuff hasnt quite aged well, back when treeguards were introduced they felt like bosses, years later when people have much more experience, it does deem kinda silly.

I think Vargs deserve the boss music treatment, they are a lot stronger than spider queens imo, so its only fair.

Archived