5 hours ago, LazyMcJones said:

Cooling your base with nuclear waste and radiation is such a good idea.

1224839350_ITSALIVE2.thumb.JPG.0d0bf80ed40548ebf5f9c23dcd6ecaf9.JPG498813083_ITSALIVE.thumb.JPG.3d185d9e66f54d61956c4d8729436791.JPG

Once you have enough nuclear waste, you can probably run the entire top of your base with 2 reactors and infinity turbines, with AT's cooling nuclear waste.

I cant find the warp core in your great base :confused:

how do you get infinity turbines with nuclear waste? i just know that if frozen it just goes up to 28 degrees celcius and the only use that i can think of is using it in a petroleoum boiler with a super coolant thermo aquatuner so you dont have to use power for heating the liquid up.

@hot focaccia The piping diagrams are incomplete, but I'm guessing the SHC of the nuclear waste should be high enough that they're power-positive through the Aquatuner<-->SteamTurbine loop.  You can't freeze it, so you just keep cycling it through the 'tuners to generate heat, and power as many Steam Turbines as you can support with as many Aquatuners as you want to build.

Even if they aren't quite power-positive by themselves, the high SHC makes the Nuclear Waste a fantastic thermal buffer to operate your Turbines at optimal temperature w/o overheating the Reactors.

11 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Nuclear waste = better than supercoolant ..? :lol:

Only downside: not possible to use liquid reservoir for buffer (currently reservoir doesn't like nuclear waste and spits it out once per cycle)

However, with the number of Turbines you can run off a single Reactor, you can probably afford to power an extra (Steel or better) Pump and just store the waste in a large tank.

Archived