I've been trying to code a character for a long time so that he can restore his sanity next to Webber. But nothing comes out

I will be very grateful if you can write the code

(Write the code better in the chat, and not a link to another topic, I tried it for me it does not work , For example, a discussion with rabbits)

I know quite a bit about programming, can you tell me what I might have forgotten

8 hours ago, Ghost_starved said:

I will be very grateful if you can write the code

You won't learn anything if the answer is just given to you.

(Write the code better in the chat, and not a link to another topic, I tried it for me it does not work , For example, a discussion with rabbits)

You're not really supposed to copy and paste code and hope it works, which is what I presume you were doing.

I know quite a bit about programming, can you tell me what I might have forgotten

I'm not sure how much you have learned since February 21st, where you stated "Plus, I don't know much about programming."
So this is an example route I would suggest taking to implementing the feature you want:

1. Check out the Lua documentation: https://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/
It's very thorough and has lots of examples and explanations of the majority of what you will be doing in Lua. It's an extremely valuable resource. Once you get the hang of that, it becomes time to learn about the game-specific coding.

2. I recommend you then check out Rezecib's "Getting started with modding DST" post here:

Hornete's tutorial about prefabs is where I recommend going after that for some more details about prefabs.

3. It looks like you were given code already, but you didn't understand it. Ultroman's explanation is a good one though, and you can use your newfound context from the Lua documentation and the previous two posts I have linked to help you understand the finer details of Ultro's explanation.

4. Now for the specifics of your implementation, CarlZalph linked you a good post in one of your previous threads. 

You stated 'I am grateful to you, but it does not work for me. "An error occurred while starting the server, please try again later."'
That means your code had an error, which means you need to check your log files to see what the error is.
A more detailed summary about log files can be found here: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881191-Logs-and-Useful-Information-for-Bug-Reports-for-Don-t-Starve-Together

Another resource you can use for auras is by Ultroman, which is a pretty nice tutorial. You can find it here: 

5. I believe that should address all the needed fields of knowledge to implement your desired feature. Good luck!

• Like 2

No need to make multiple of the same topic.

Apply the code to your use case in your original, it is not 1:1 copy-paste solution but it practically is.

If you're unable to adapt the code to your needs, then I'd suggest learning more LUA and toying around with it.

Edited by CarlZalph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roughly speaking, I only need an answer, and I did not plan further than creating one character :/

There are no manuals on the Internet in my language, (It feels like they don't play on at Dont Starve). I don't think I can explain to you how good Google translator is. And besides, you ignore my old topics where I answered you. But still very grateful that you want to help me, but I'm very dumb.

I will definitely read what you sent me, but I think that this will lead to little

oh ok

Have a nice day!