[API] Mods in Menu

Fidooop

1 hour ago, FurryEskimo said:

@Fidooop
Hello.  Does this still provide a bio page for compatible characters?  I don't see it in-game.

It's an issue with the most recent game updated where Klei moved to another function in some cases like this for grabbing characters that doesn't included modded characters. I've reported it to Fidooop and he will be fixing it.

• Like 2

Hi, I was trying this API for the first time and I absolutely LOVE it! In fact, I've already written a bio page for my mod character!

unknown.png

Only issue is that something's wrong with his alternate skin displaying:

unknown.png

It shows up fine on the character select screen, but not in MiM. Hornet knows about the issue already, but I read through the thread and was curious if @Fidooop or @Cunning fox might've done something that I haven't to get it to work. Here's my mod folder in case that's helpful in identifying any issues:

K_K.zip

Sorry if I'm being annoying with this!

EDIT: I figured out the problem and it's fixed.

Edited by Garamonde

If your survivor has a starting item, it's implied in your modclientmain.lua that you must use an image override for it to show up in the menu.

-- Image Override from template modclientmain.lua
TUNING.STARTING_ITEM_IMAGE_OVERRIDE["alchemistshat"] = {
    atlas = "images/inventoryimages/alchemistshat.xml",
    image = "alchemistshat.tex",
}

But, if you register your inventory image properly with the game via RegisterInventoryItemAtlas, there's no need for an override.

-- Register inventory image properly
RegisterInventoryItemAtlas("images/inventoryimages/alchemistshat.xml", "alchemistshat.tex")

I'm not sure if this is actually better or not, but it makes my brain happier personally.

So, do I need to copy and past everything I have in modmain.lua to the modclientmain.lua?
Or only stuff that relates to my modded character? Like icons, portraits, anim files without stuff like custom items?
(Sorry, I'm just pretty new to this)