Smith finds an Oshnu

So quick question: i have the random event with finding Oshnu while playing as Smith. I know that if i promise to take him to the Osnhudrome he leaves me if i won't bring him there quick enough. But if i choose to ignore him, will he leave me eventually or just stay as my pet?

I don't know if it's predetermined or whether I just got unlucky, but eventually the Oshnu just up and leaves if you don't take it it the Oshnudrome and you can't do anything to prevent it.

AFAIK the only way to get a permanent pet as Smith is doing the Oshnu racing quest for Sweet Moreef. There's not even any pets you can steal like in Sal and Rook's quests.

Ok so im back. I decided to ignore his reuqest. The option to realse him in Oshnudrome was active when i got there to talk to Denikus, but i just ignored it. And he actually stayed with me for the whole run.

So ignoring his request in fact makes Oshnu stay with you (or its just random as Maniafig said)

One thing to note is i left him in my room once to prevent him from dying in a hard mission and also changed his name so i don't know if that affects it or not. Or maybe its just a glitch.

That event usually occurs at day 1. At day 2 you get the option to talk with Deniken, who hangs around at the Oshnudrome. I left the Oshnu at home that day and only brought it back for the boss fight at the end, and it never got homesick.

Also, there is yet another way to get a pet for Smith. If you infiltrate the Rise for Eden and convince the Vrock trainer to hide a few days instead of fighting him, he offers to sell you one of his Vrocks for 200 shills (at low prestige, probably 250 later). This one isn't even random, so if you really WANT a pet for Smith you can reliably get one. You just can't upgrade or train a pet.

Archived