[Game Update] - (BETA) 454097

• Developer

Changes

• Lunar Mushtrees are now controlled by the Mushtree option in world generation.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash when picking Lightflier Flowers.
  • Fixed Deerclops spawning in spring.
  • Fixed a crash when opening a backpack.
  • Fixed a crash when spawning the Klaus Sack.
  • Fixed multiple crashes when mods add world options.

Changes from 454097

Bug Fixes

• Fixed being unable to open chests.
  • Fixed another crash when mods add world options.

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Nettalie said:

Thank god deerclops doesn't spawn in spring anymore, that was really annoying.

How did that happen? I've never experienced that. In fact, I had a few winters when Deerclops' roar started on the last night, but spring came before her and so she spawned right as next winter kicked in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

How did that happen? I've never experienced that. In fact, I had a few winters when Deerclops' roar started on the last night, but spring came before her and so she spawned right as next winter kicked in.

She just appear when spring starts without any advice, you notice her in the edge of the screen

Atleast is what happend to me

• Like 1

I didn't manage to test March's QoL Beta update, so I don't know if this was implemented or not, but I have a suggestion regarding World Regrowth. Currently on main branch its options are "Very Slow/Slow/Default/Fast/Very Fast". It will be good imo if there was one more, namely "None/Never" to simulate DS's conditions. Aka a bigger emphasis on the Survival aspect in the form of you needing to take care of your own world if you so choose via this "World Regrowth: None/Never" additional option - nothing regrows back if player doesn't have the input on it. Will make for an interesting realm setup for sure in case people want a bit more challenge from world. Ty!

Edit 1: the above suggestion if implemented should affect Cave shard too.

Edit 2: presently on main branch there is, for Cave World, a "World Gen: Giomes - Underground" and "World Gen: Spawn Area - Caves" fixed options. Perhaps now is a good chance we get more choices for these too, like "World Gen: Biomes - Forest" for a second surface for example (not very logical one, but still), and possibility to spawn directly via Caves Florid Postern. And Cave-Only servers should also be an excellent new optation if not already implemented (I vaguely remember this was mentioned in a recent bug-fix).

Edit 3: on topic of World Gen, would be great if we could have a Constant (Forest shard) Archipelago generation, with biomes as islands to simulate a bit the Sw experience. Plus Micro Worlds (smaller than the smallest gen - Forest and Cave shards alike) may also be welcomed WorldGen additions imo for some special brand of challenges.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*some additions*
  • Like 2