A suggestion about the particles shot from the beta

Hello,

The idea of leaving openings in my base for the particles shot is disappointing. So it'd be great if there's a kind of a tile the particles could pass through, wouldn't? I think this could also help to keep the gases management.
Well I am a designer, so leaving those openings in my base will not be so easy ... haha just a suggestion.

Screenshot_20210302-134900_YouTube.thumb.jpg.92bc6f79c809282bf01c5fdb36e8689e.jpg

1 hour ago, Elvercrow said:

The idea of leaving openings in my base for the particles shot is disappointing.

You don't need to leave openings. That's just Bothgar's design decision :P

Also... that ladder is dangerous.. HEP likes to KO dupes :lol:

Spoiler

On 3/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, sakura_sk said:

450527502_HEPko.JPG.f054af8ca9ba5dd9b4d5daa9255ebb82.JPG

Moreover, HEP will contaminate everything it touches so... I don't think letting HEP pass through tiles is wise.

21 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

HEP will contaminate everything it touches so... I don't think letting HEP pass through tiles is wise.

If that was something like airflow tile for HEPs, devs could design it in the way it is not contaminated.

Or it could work like a hybrid of high-voltage tiles and HEP redirector- 3x1 building with a tile in the middle and two parts of HEP redirector on its both sides

3 hours ago, Elvercrow said:

Hello,

The idea of leaving openings in my base for the particles shot is disappointing. So it'd be great if there's a kind of a tile the particles could pass through, wouldn't? I think this could also help to keep the gases management.
Well I am a designer, so leaving those openings in my base will not be so easy ... haha just a suggestion.

Screenshot_20210302-134900_YouTube.thumb.jpg.92bc6f79c809282bf01c5fdb36e8689e.jpg

On the other hand...it forces players to not build "standard size" rooms :confused:

I played with one design that automated a Mechanized Airlock to Launch HEPs from the Particle Generators based on a Time Sensor.  The door would stay open just long enough for the Atomic Collider to collect the HEPs.  A Gas Pump was used to keep a Vacuum by pumping the gas and Radioactive Contaminants into space.

I'm thinking of keeping the research room at sufficient low pressure and just venting the contaminates out to space. I would use a door to seperate the room from the collection channel and some automation to keep the door closed off from the research station while it's occupied.

It shouldn't be too difficult to do this, however the collectors generate heat, so they need some means to keep cool. Temp shift maybe?

...my mind is starting the form an elaborate shrine to a Wheezewort chamber.

Archived