Modular Liquid and Gas tank

Hello

Love the game as always <3 sorry for bad grammar and poor english

i had an idea, to make modular gas and liquid storage tanks, just like space rockets are in a modular building setup. Could be cool to have some heavy storage for gasses or liquid and dedicate an area in your astorides for massive storage.

There should be a modular setup/building for liquids and a setup/building for gasses, so you would end up with 2 "towers" of gas and liquid. of course each tank should have its own intake/output but i don't know if the setup should cost any power to run or just cost a X amount of resources per tank and then it be that.

maybe it would cost power if you could either cool or heat the gas/liquid inside the tank? I'm thinking the base building could be build out of any metal ore, and then any liquid tank could be build out of glass, like a big fish bowl and the gas tank would be build out of plastic and big like a big clear ballon.

or maybe you could choose plastic for a lower amount in the tanks and glass for higher amount of storage.

keep up the good work, loving the DLC  :D

As industrial player this is one of the best posts I have seen in ages @SkumL

Would love to build a pyramid of ( very resource costly ) tank upgrades :p

Perhaps the tank extensions need to be welded by a dupe with the welding profession and the right produced tool. Risk: Sparks>Combustion>Explosion>Spreading fires :confused:

14 minutes ago, babba said:

As industrial player this is one of the best posts I have seen in ages @SkumL

Would love to build a pyramid of ( very resource costly ) tank upgrades :p

Perhaps the tank extensions need to be welded by a dupe with the welding profession and the right produced tool. Risk: Sparks>Combustion>Explosion>Spreading fires :confused:

:D and maybe that dupe should have that special equipment crafted in the new Crafting station that would minimizing the risk of sparks and big bada boooom haha

If the proposal is only about organizing storage, I'm all for it. There's not enough big storage in the game, especially gas. Overall, modular storage sounds cool, but it's not clear how the heat transfer issue will be handled. Right now it's implemented pretty poorly. Under certain conditions, you can even store lava in the cooper tanks without any danger of melting it down.

If we are talking about a significant increase in the efficiency of water or gas compression, I do not support this idea. The volumes within the game are well respected. Or rather, well respected for liquids, and not so well for gas: at the beginning of the game we can pump 150 kg of gas into 15 cells without any compression, and at the end of the game we can store only 300 kg of gas in the same volume (and should be able to store about a ton). The game greatly lacks high-pressure storage, powerful pumps and compressors, as well as appropriate pipes with high flow or pressure capacity.

@MachineryMan its all about having some cool storage tanks for liquids and gasses, im the type who always ends up with ALOT of gas tanks and liquid reservoirs everywhere.
im always saving/stocking up on water for my SPOMS

could be cool to have like a tower of different liquids and gasses respectively, in one building. then of course it should be able to hold alot of kilos of mass :D
the temp management i dont know much about but could be cool if they could make it so it followed the building material.
or had had a option in each tank to for a big cost of power, temp regulate each tank so you could have a tank with hot water and cold water just on top of each other.

sorry for poor grammar

On 3/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, SkumL said:

i had an idea, to make modular gas and liquid storage tanks, just like space rockets are in a modular building setup.

Some kind of modular gas/liquid storage sounds nice.

I always end up with a chain of tanks under vents to save space and modular storage will help avoiding a mess of pipes (I assume that internal/external volume ratio stays roughly same). Having multiple inputs and outputs on a modular gas tanks will be very helpful as well (simplifies load-balancing). 

But personally I would prefer 'modular' solid/bulk storage first. Compactors do not 'cut' it.

Archived