Sign in to follow this  
GelatinousCube

Just had Fire Hounds and Ice Hounds together...

Well-met    5067

They were likely unloaded nearby from a long past wave. Happens alot when people exit to the cave or gets killed by them far away

• Like 4

Mike23Ua    9598

If your playing with other human players: and those players are dead- they can haunt regular hounds, fire hounds, & Ice hounds to turn them into from Fire to Ice or Vice Versa.

There is a lot of Underrated fun to be had with dying and becoming a spooky ghost: Haunting flowers can turn them evil flower, haunting heads on a stick animate them to life and can temporarily be hammered down for nightmare fuel, haunting Pigmen trigger Werepig curse, haunting hounds flip there element effects, haunting large tentacles in caves can instant kill them sometimes.

If there were no other players in your world: it’s possible you just had old hounds from a previous wave meet up with ones from a newer wave.

GelatinousCube    634
14 hours ago, Well-met said:

They were likely unloaded nearby from a long past wave. Happens alot when people exit to the cave or gets killed by them far away

I was about to argue this point but I've realised now what must have happened. Normally I do not leave any hounds behind in any hound waves and face them head on (whether via Beefs, my houndius setup, Abigail just ruining them, tanking Ice Hounds as Wig (forget tanking Fire Hounds) so there shouldn't have been any unloaded hounds anywhere in my world. A few hound waves ago though I accidentally jumped through a wormhole nearby right before/as they appeared, I thought I had retraced my steps and taken out the ones at the wormhole as well but evidently I must have missed a few somehow.

While facing the new wave I must have randomly run right towards the spot the previously missed fire hounds were unloaded at and they attacked literally the second before the Ice Hounds and new wave appeared. Really seemed like the type of wave changed part way because the season changed as it spawned but evidently not!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Xanadu2003 said:

Somewhat unrelated but ive found if a hound wave appears on day 20 fire hounds can appear even though its the first autumn

(because the season before it is Summer)

(i think)

Edited by JustCrimson