[Mod request] Infinite Power or Rechargeable Rovers

Would really like the ability to use my rovers forever, I love the little bots and don't care much that it wouldn't be all that balanced, would prefer if it could be made so that they were rechargeable, but would also be fine with them just not running out of power and going kaput in the first place... sorry.

I know, what you mean. Currently we build remote colonies, and send dupes over there to do all the initial work. And then they are useless there, because there is nothing more to to there, but minor tasks. 1 or 2 Robots could help with that, instead many dupes. I would like to have a recharge station for them.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:36 PM, SharraShimada said:

I know, what you mean. Currently we build remote colonies, and send dupes over there to do all the initial work. And then they are useless there, because there is nothing more to to there, but minor tasks. 1 or 2 Robots could help with that, instead many dupes. I would like to have a recharge station for them.

I think we are waiting so long for stuff that some things are posted as mod requests now.

Game content ( DLC ) idea or Mega Mod dream:

Robots ( robo factory and chip casting building ), the-robot-oiler-fix-and-charger-dock and an intergalactic power network via giant built microwave dishes ( can get destroyed by meteor rain ) would be great. :p

image.png.530193b4e4dd846d9c21400d0458df10.pngimage.png.8e133a768049ea3c78a29ecb5aa6bcde.pngimage.png.58f7ec11121110fdee492c38ca4fd894.png

image.png.f3944154adc0de7bcfc0c8333b71e015.pngWork-robot fix and maintenance dock 11200 Black Edition ( "Robo toilet" )

image.png.38191015b51f856b4530a8cee47bb4d0.png

It's currently possible to reload an expired rover into a rover module, which recharges it, but it works very inconsistently. Most of the time dupes just put ore. Sweeping the rover helps sometimes... sometimes.

I have looked into the game files for the rover and it actually has a boolean "canCharge" that equals false. I don't think setting it to true enables recharging somehow, but it seems it can stop it from dropping fully dead. 

2 hours ago, MiniDeathStar said:

It's currently possible to reload an expired rover into a rover module, which recharges it, but it works very inconsistently. Most of the time dupes just put ore. Sweeping the rover helps sometimes... sometimes.

I have looked into the game files for the rover and it actually has a boolean "canCharge" that equals false. I don't think setting it to true enables recharging somehow, but it seems it can stop it from dropping fully dead. 

The problem is, how is it supposed to charge? There is no charging station, beside the one sweepy uses, but its too small for rovers. There are not batteries. So i think there was a station planed sometimes, but never made it into the game. I would guess the "canCharge" is just a leftover from that.

Archived