March QoL Suggestion: Reduce the cost of Moon Rock Walls

Now that we know there will be another QoL update in March, I figured it was the perfect time to bring this up.

Moon Rock Walls are ridiculously expensive in the current state. You need 12 moon rocks to produce 4 walls and hammering them (which takes ages) only gives back 1 moon rock per wall. That means the moon rock to wall conversion ratio is a non-refundable 3:1.

Comparatively, Stone Walls and Thulecite Walls both operate on a fully refundable 1:1 conversion ratio, with 6 rocks/thulecite fragments giving 6 stone/thulecite walls and vice versa.

And the issue is only exacerbated by the fact that moon rock is considerably harder to get than thulecite fragments and rocks are, while also being necessary to craft the Moon Crater and Mutated Fungal Turfs. I understand Moon Rock Walls have some sort of PvP damage reduction, but at the end of the day walls are and have always been primarily decorative. Besides, PvP is pretty unpopular and I doubt those who play it survive long enough to make moon rock walls in any notable amount anyway.

So my suggestion is that the recipe is changed to 4 moon rocks for 4 moon rock walls, which would also make it fully refundable, like it's stone and thulecite cousins. And if that requires a nerf to moon rock walls' durability or something, so be it. :D

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

I say nay. At least not until they fix the moon altar exploit.

I take it we're referring to the moonstone dropping 1-2 moonrock when destroyed? I mean, why not address both at the same time? I'm not sure that the existence of exploits necessitates any consideration in conversations of game balance. That's like saying Glommer's naughtiness level should be nerfed becuase the blowdart exploit exists, or suggesting we nerf the large ornate chest loot because you can cheese Ancient Guardian.

If moonrock is tedious to obtain through non-exploiting means then that should be the better question to ask. I actually think that a balance in moonrock cost would mitigate the incentive to use exploits because it will not be as grindy acquiring moonrock the regular way. 

Pigs+vargs gives a huge amount of moonrock without the need of any cheese and everytime i look after klaus in the mosaic biome i end getting like another 20 moonrock. With green amulets you reduce the cost to 6. All together let us build many moon walls

Im agree that it should bring more materials when hammered but the cost isnt that problematic if we take in count that the fun of building is to have to go crazy things to get the materials like fighting DF or FW for green gems or beequeen to get wax for giant veggies

Archived