Mined tile heat vs unmined

On 1/24/2021 at 9:42 PM, Beniamin said:

Does it mean that mining deletes a half of it's heat?

As it deletes mass it also deletes heat.
Keep in mind that (AFAIK) buildings/tiles have initial temperature of max (EDITED) 45 deg C. You can take really hot granite and build a tile of it decreasing temperature to (EDITED) 45 deg C, thus removing a lot of heat.

14 hours ago, sheaker said:

As it deletes mass it also deletes heat.
Keep in mind that (AFAIK) buildings/tiles have initial temperature of max 40 deg C. You can take really hot granite and build a tile of it decreasing temperature to 40 deg C, thus removing a lot of heat.

Nope. I once took a 100kg of metal refined gold at 300 degrees and my dupe scolded immediately cause the metal tile was 300 degree hot.

3 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

Nope. I once took a 100kg of metal refined gold at 300 degrees and my dupe scolded immediately cause the metal tile was 300 degree hot.

Standing in front of it now, the behavior is still the same since ages. Building do have a capped temperature upon being built. Your 300°C metal tile is either a bug, or most likely the result of temperature transfer with the environment.

6 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

The temperature resetting varies by either building material or building. I forget which.

8 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

You took Your hot metal and it was exchanging heat with environment. Once You build something with it it cools to:
45 deg C. (I think with some exceptions but I did not capture them so far)

On 2/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, sheaker said:

You took Your hot metal and it was exchanging heat with environment. Once You build something with it it cools to:
45 deg C. (I think with some exceptions but I did not capture them so far)

Maybe in space is different, but i usually make my floors in gold metal, so that it gives extra speed and better decor and if a refined gold is 300 or more degree, the dupes scald while building it.

19 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

Maybe in space is different, but i usually make my floors in gold metal, so that it gives extra speed and better decor and if a refined gold is 300 or more degree, the dupes scald while building it.

Once again - it is because You delivered hot metal and it is exchanging heat with environment during the building process. I showed it in vacuum to prevent other heat loss/transfer mechanism. Try to build gold metal tile under low pressure CO2 or chlorine where there will be small heat exchange factor. You will see Your gold metal tile not more than 45 C after its done.

Yes i got that, but since you cannot build immediately but needs to deliver first the material, saying to use  hot material to build anything cause it will come out at 45 degree anyway, is a bad advice unless you mention to do it in low pressure places or vacuum.

Archived