Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

. . .

Klei for love of everything that exists in the entire universe make a 64-bit for Windows please

my pc is a beast can run games like Cyberpunk 2077 at stable 60fps, but it crashes when going in caves on a huge world im hosting this shouldn't be happening when i have a single big mod like uncompromising and 1-2 character mods. this also only effects me other people can go in and out just fine just when i the host go in i get the dam

"OUT OF MEMORY" crash

you guys made 64-bit for mac in like a week or two when mac required it why you cant do the same for windows i hate this half of the games content is essentially locked away now unless i want the entire game to crash then restart it and my friends are getting sick and tired of that routine and i am too

Please Klei DST needs to evolve and stop living in the potato age, not everyone plays on potatoes now it's not April 23, 2013 anymore.

make64bitfordst.thumb.jpg.96b59031e9dffe4d638e7f033fec7856.jpg

26 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

weird, i host servers for 3 and 4 players and never had that problem

yeah, IDK why this happens for my when PC can run stuff like RLCraft with stable 60FPS too and few friends but DST just crashes when I enable caves a huge world and a big mod like uncompromising with some character mods

2 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

yeah, IDK why this happens for my when PC can run stuff like RLCraft with stable 60FPS too and few friends but DST just crashes when I enable caves a huge world and a big mod like uncompromising with some character mods

I didnt try with uncompromising with people but with mods like show me that consumes a lot it works.

Also i remember hosting for 2 friends and me in and old core 2 duo and 3gb ram and the game worked "fine", not so much fps and some lag but didnt crash

You are right that having 32 bits engine is from stone age but maybe there is something wrong with your game

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You are right that having 32 bits engine is from stone age but maybe there is something wrong with your game

yeah I thought so too I reinstalled the game 2 times and verified its integrity and nothing helped I don't think it happens because my PC is weak since i only recently upgraded it making it even stronger I guess with the addition of new stuff added to the base game and the uncompromising mode mod getting new additions as well something just went happened and I get these out of memory crashes now since this problem never happen till the base game got the moon cave update rip

other weird thing is the out of memory crash only happens when i go in the caves not out of the caves when i go back in the server which i will be in the caves as if no problems occured:wilson_dead:

13 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

yeah I thought so too I reinstalled the game 2 times and verified its integrity and nothing helped I don't think it happens because my PC is weak since i only recently upgraded it making it even stronger I guess with the addition of new stuff added to the base game and the uncompromising mode mod getting new additions as well something just went happened and I get these out of memory crashes now since this problem never happen till the base game got the moon cave update rip

other weird thing is the out of memory crash only happens when i go in the caves not out of the caves when i go back in the server which i will be in the caves as if no problems occured:wilson_dead:

do this happen without the uncompromising mod, is your base huge (too many elements on screen)?

btw, sometimes the game stop working if is on loading screen and i do alt+tab 

ya, I just tested a lot more right now

and my game seems I can use uncompromising if I do a small world and I can go between caves without crashing but that just makes me sad I want to be able to play on huge world :wilson_cry:

really need a 64-bit for dst after all these years its too outdated and mods are getting more and more hardcore and even the base game is getting more and more maybe one day it will start out of memory when I just make a huge world with no mods and caves on once klei is finished with return of them...!! :wilson_cry:

I guess I will bump this topic every single day until Klei makes a 64-bit version the game. DST is unplayable if i cant make a huge world and use big mods like uncompromising and some characters mods and other things like cherry island ugh my heart breaks in two i dont want to be forced to make a small world just to enjoy one mod out of the 30 mods i want to use which i would have been able to use them all if the game was 64-bit :wilson_dead:

17 minutes ago, Hornete said:

don't do that.

A bump every 24 hours isn't anything bad especially in the suggestions and feedback thread which has literally no views compared to general discussion, I doubt even devs look at this area! Especially since it will probably go all the way down from any other suggestions and besides every single topic in general discussion is bumped for a week or longer or years for stuff like the memes one, skins one, and some other things. Also there can be up to 25 topics on this place don't act like 1 topic (which is saying an extremely important suggestion which should have been done the moment Mac users got it to be added to the game which should be mandatory for a game in 2021 with multiplayer to have a 64-bit version) will destroy this ghost town :wilson_cry:...

I want to be able to play DST again and if nobody says to add 64-bit it's never ever going to be added Klei only added it for Mac cause they would lose out on money and customers it makes me really sad.

Day 1: Klei please add 64-bit then the out of memory crashes can stop forever.

Just now, Hornete said:

They do, I assure you they do. Just because they don't comment a lot here doesn't mean they don't look here.

I never seen a single suggestion from here ever get added except for unlimited save slots (which was suggested like 4-5 months ago) and that's like from seeing this place for more than 7 years now

Just now, --- -.- said:

I never seen a single suggestion from here ever get added except for unlimited save slots (which was suggested like 4-5 months ago) and that's like from seeing this place for more than 7 years now

Many QoL update suggestions made it in the game, they implemented "my" suggestion for the Tackle boxes to drop like the gorge pots when opened and be able to be opened from the inventory in the 2nd QoL update.

Most suggestions I see here are complete updates like biomes or reworks or the such, I really doubt Klei would take any of those suggestions as theyre simply too big and thats something Klei would probably rather design themselves. You're gonna see Klei implement much smaller/simpler ideas, not some biome a random forumite suggested.

I guess so, though other than me and like some post from 1-2 years ago I never saw anyone ask for 64-bit DST

I know many people on the forums don't like using mods especially big ones so I'm one of the rare exceptions that I love using lots of mods on a huge world, especially huge mods that add a lot of stuff like..

• Uncompromising Mode
  • The Black Death
  • Hamlet Characters
  • Cherry Island
  • Hollow knight
  • Extra Equip Slots
  • New Boat Shapes
  • Rail Cart
  • Witching Hour
  • Feast and Famine
  • The Maxwell's Revenge
  • Sweet House
  • Kindling Fire
  • Achievements and Level System
  • Simple Health Bar DST
  • [DST] Legion
  • And more...

I love all these mods equally and I don't want to have to sacrifice a majority of them or play on a boring small world just to use them all together when I could before the base game and the mods starting getting a lot more stuff and changes...

If I don't bump this thread at least every 3 days there's literally 0% chance Klei will ever make a 64-bit for non-Mac users since they will have literal 0 incentive for doing so (and 64-bit will go back to the shadows with no mention or thought for it for who knows how long... maybe a few more years)... actually that's giving this topic more credit than it deserves even with this one it only ups the chance by .01% that they'd do it, but still with that pixel of light in the pitch black cave I want to cling on to that hope that maybe after 100 days or a year or 5 years Klei will add a 64-bit.... I put like 5,000 hours of my life into this game I don't want to be forced out of playing it now cause its still using a outdated 32-bit which in this age is rare for any game to have some games may have it for people who play on the worst PCs or literal potatoes, but nobody develops games around that anymore....

Klei already added skins and monetizing DST like most modern games do it would be nice to see an actual good modern thing like 64-bit too, that's all I want... now if you don't mind me I'm gonna go be depressed now...

2 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

On another note, how feasible is it to convert to 64 bit? 

When Mac discontinued support for 32-bit I'm pretty sure not soon after like 1-2 weeks they converted DST for Mac users to 64-bit so it's probably not something very difficult or impossible to do if they managed it that early.

7 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I know many people on the forums don't like using mods especially big ones so I'm one of the rare exceptions that I love using lots of mods on a huge world, especially huge mods that add a lot of stuff like..

• Uncompromising Mode
  • The Black Death
  • Hamlet Characters
  • Cherry Island
  • Hollow knight
  • Extra Equip Slots
  • New Boat Shapes
  • Rail Cart
  • Witching Hour
  • Feast and Famine
  • The Maxwell's Revenge
  • Sweet House
  • Kindling Fire
  • Achievements and Level System
  • Simple Health Bar DST
  • [DST] Legion
  • And more...

I love all these mods equally and I don't want to have to sacrifice a majority of them or play on a boring small world just to use them all together when I could before the base game and the mods starting getting a lot more stuff and changes...

Not to be mean, but I have the slight feeling that your out of memory crashes aren't caused by the game being 32-bit alone, but also due to you using a lot of huge mods on a huge world.

Just a hunch though, could be wrong.

I mean if I can run the game just fine on a pretty mediocre laptop while using a bunch of very small mods, then perhaps it is not the game itself. Maybe.

6 minutes ago, Freshness said:

Not to be mean, but I have the slight feeling that your out of memory crashes aren't caused by the game being 32-bit alone, but also due to you using a lot of huge mods on a huge world.

The crash only occurs when I go in a cave on a huge (both overworld and cave) world and the crash is a "out of memory" crash.

On small I can go in the caves without any crashing and yes all these mods work fine together I would know since I used them a lot in over several worlds.

I'm guessing when the host of a world goes in a cave the game starts peaking the 4GB memory it has and with all the big mods and the huge world it then crashes going "out of memory". When the server crashes if I go back in the server I will be in the caves and everything will be fine no corruption or anything.

This means if the game was 64-bit I wouldn't have to be dealing with this crashing because there would be no puny 4GB limit before the game goes out of memory and it would maybe go over 4GB of memory but in the end it would load me into the caves and then go back down and there would be no problems.

Also I wanna say that the game only needs to go over its 4GB memory limit for a second or a little more maybe even less and it then crashes!! Just because my PC went over 4GB for a like second when I'm trying to go in the caves!! It shouldn't crash my entire game and waste over 2 minutes of my time to reload the entire server and turn off my friends from wanting to rejoin overall ruining the game for me :wilson_cry:...

26 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I suggested Koi as an event fish a couple months before Year of the Carrat, got a reaction from Scott, then saw them in the game later. Suggestions definitely get added, you just don't recognize every single one unless you read every single thread in the forum.

Just now, --- -.- said:

The crash only occurs when I go in a cave on a huge (both overworld and cave) world and the crash is a "out of memory" crash.

On small I can go in the caves without any crashing and yes all these mods work fine together I would know since I used them a lot in over several worlds.

I'm guessing when the host of a world goes in a cave the game starts peaking the 4GB memory it has and with all the big mods and the huge world it then crashes going "out of memory". When the server crashes if I go back in the server I will be in the caves and everything will be fine no corruption or anything.

This means if the game was 64-bit I wouldn't have to be dealing with this crashing because there would be no puny 4GB limit before the game goes out of memory.

I don't know, this issue seems like it'd be solved by just using a smaller world size and disabling a few mods then as oppose to making the devs work on a 64-bit version.

I fully understand that content mods are cool, but using so many huge mods is just asking for a crash. 
Besides, I'm gonna make a bold assumption here and say that a few of these huge mods you probably don't use quite as much and thus disabling a few less needed mods could help here as well without you losing out on too much stuff.

8 minutes ago, Freshness said:

I don't know, this issue seems like it'd be solved by just using a smaller world size and disabling a few mods then as oppose to making the devs work on a 64-bit version.

What if somebody doesn't want to use a smaller world size? Why can't the devs who made 64-bit for Mac when it became mandatory in less than 1-2 weeks (which most of the time probably wasn't even making it was just testing it and probably making sure it works okay) make one for the other versions of DST too? Maybe that came off as hostile IDK but I'm patient I'm hoping that after Return of Them ends they work on a 64-bit, but still I want to make this thread anyway then if by chance any dev sees it maybe it will be in the back of their mind when it ends to work on something nice like this instead of like 999 more skins or DLC characters or like a ocean number 2 which as great as all those are I prefer something which will improve my overall experience with the game allowing me to use any mods I want which aren't broken without the game limiting me

The 32-bit obviously comes from DS which is a super old game now and they never bothered updating it. Now with all these new things they're adding like oceans, new stuff to the caves, who knows in the future we might have mountains!! The longer the game's delayed getting what is essentially a essential update for games in the year 2021 it will only get worse! Like ever since they added oceans the game's animations noticeably got stutter-y and that's without any mods on any type of server!

Also, if it was the mods fault it would gave an obvious crash like "something/something/workshop-99999 - line :999: caused an error your mod is broken fix it"

I also mentioned other people like I at most hosted my world up to 10 players can be in my world and freely go in and out of the caves just fine it's only when I the host go in it the game then goes over 4GB for me probably because I'm the one hosting everything and then crashes so the mods are not at fault here at all its the base game which is at fault :wilson_cry:...

Just now, --- -.- said:

Also, if it was the mods fault it would gave an obvious crash like "something/something/workshop-99999 - line :999: caused an error your mod is broken fix it"

Not all the time, and especially in this case not, if the mod adds in too many assets that are loaded in you'll just get your usual "DST has run out of memory" crash, you won't get "DST has run out of memory, this is due to the {insert mod name} Mod"

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I haven't experienced this at all...

For me it did like it's really noticeable IDK if I recorded it would it show on the recording? I can try not that it will make any difference it's not my GPU being oudated or anything either since it's the same one I always had for 7+ years

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

the mod adds in too many assets that are loaded in you'll just get your usual

Well still I'm pretty sure "too many assets" wouldn't be a problem if there was 64-bit right? I mean compared to the base game is assets mods have a pathetic amount of assets lol

7 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

For me it did like it's really noticeable

Extra question about this actually: when you say it happens with no mods on any server, do you include client mods? Because if you have any of those enabled they could still cause an issue, like for example the minimap mod is a commonly-used one that lags the game a lot.