Make Wes More Useful

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

.For Wendy to get the most effective use out of Abigail Wes would have to build a Sisturn- Wendy gets the Nerf everyone cries out for all the Time, and Wes actually becomes useful to Me.

I really dislike this idea and here is why:

If a non Wendy player asks Wes to build a sisturn, he is most likely going to waste a substantial amount of time standing next to it, doing absolutely nothing. Also for the future he is probably not going to learn about efficient sanity restoration methods. 

If nobody asks for it, there is never a reason to build it.

Wendy has now two modes of play with and without Wes. This doesn't nerf her, it just make you overly depndant on other players. Design that I inherently don't like.

Also I don't know how to put this:

- Even if every single person on a 16 persons server plays as Wes from day 1 to day 35, it's not going to take that much longer to warrant a ban. The reason being: the vast majority of the time is spend NOT doing combat and Wes is just as slow at picking grass or hammering down pig houses as everbody else. If you are two people fighthing bee queen you might notice the fight being slithly longer but it's still not THAT much longer.

- The sisturn is not a very important part of Wendy's kit. It's just quality of life thing with a little sanity fluff that looks really great. I really don't understand where the obsession with it comes from.

1 hour ago, KakashoLin said:

Basically we want Wes to be hard and not useless. Having a character that is difficult is fun, having a character that is currently just a joke and a character slot that isn't being use isn't. 

Okay so don't play him. I don't think Wigfrid is fun but I'm not clamoring for her to change into a completely different character.

Archived