2 copies Dilemma

On Steam, you get 2 copies for DST, I want to get 2 different people this game, but I can't find a way to gift one copy to one person, and the giftable copy to someone else. I cannot find a way to do this any way other than going onto their account and gifting their giftable copy to the other person. Is there some other way to do this? Or will I just have to buy 1 copy and hope they share it with the right person? I don't want to get 4 copies of the game.

i never tried it, but it seems when you buy DST the extra copy goes to YOUR inventory, so you would gift someone twice.

i will check steam for the information

edit:20210108_172058.thumb.jpg.1533ca5bbf5360bde0248ec9a9bcaa5b.jpg

here it says "warning: additional items granted by the purchase of Dont Starve together will be added to your steam inventory and can be sent as gifts to friends." it also says about country limitations on the second paragraph. ignore that last part.

so, you buy it once for a friend and use the extra copy to gift the other person, according to this.

did i answered your question?

I know this is slightly unrelated, but I recently received a random gift copy of Don't Starve Together in my items. I was originally gifted Don't Starve Together, so it wasn't from purchasing the game, and I am happy I have it (minus of course the issue of needing mates to give it to), but it really confused me when I got the notification. Anyone have a clue what's goin' on? Sorry I can't help with your issue.

6 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I know this is slightly unrelated, but I recently received a random gift copy of Don't Starve Together in my items. I was originally gifted Don't Starve Together, so it wasn't from purchasing the game, and I am happy I have it (minus of course the issue of needing mates to give it to), but it really confused me when I got the notification. Anyone have a clue what's goin' on? Sorry I can't help with your issue.

this is really odd, never seen this before

giftable copies can be sent as trade offers, did you make some very good trades with someone?

another solution would be if someone gifted you a copy, but that dont make much sense since you would recieve a message written by this generous anonymous person

really, i dont know what happened

Just now, VouMorrer said:

this is really odd, never seen this before

giftable copies can be sent as trade offers, did you make some very good trades with someone?

another solution would be if someone gifted you a copy, but that dont make much sense since you would recieve a message written by this generous anonymous person

really, i dont know what happened

Though I did send one or two offers a month or two ago, no actual trades took place, and certainly none with game copies involved.

This probably doesn't mean much, but here's a picture:

image.png.d2da354adb1ed5e255f744d44866105d.png

I'm not bothered if nobody knows what happened, it can remain a funny mystery. One thing's for sure though, as soon as I find "friends" I hear so much about, I won't forget about this. I'm just hoping if it is an error, it aint taken away. Given how nice Klei is, and how much everyone loves them, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a reward for reaching 1,000 hours or something (this happened recently, the consequence of not having...."friends")

If you purchase the game, you get an extra giftable copy. If you purchase the game as a gift - that gift is the game and an extra giftable copy. 

So really the only way to do this is to purchase the game as a gift and have the person you give it to either give you the giftable copy or have them give it to the other person. 

@W0l0l0 - You were probably gifted the entire purchase rather than receiving the giftable copy. In that case when you opened it, you got the game and a giftable copy in your inventory. 

@JoeW Thank you for the clarification. If I remember correctly, my Cousin (who gave me the copy), had a four pack or something along those lines, and this was when the game was in beta. I got the notification a from Steam about "a new item in my inventory" a few weeks ago. It is very possible I am recollecting incorrectly though, since it was so long ago. Perhaps Steam was being a bit odd about it? 

Also I apologise for diverting this topic. 

4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

If you purchase the game, you get an extra giftable copy. If you purchase the game as a gift - that gift is the game and an extra giftable copy. 

So really the only way to do this is to purchase the game as a gift and have the person you give it to either give you the giftable copy or have them give it to the other person. 

@W0l0l0 - You were probably gifted the entire purchase rather than receiving the giftable copy. In that case when you opened it, you got the game and a giftable copy in your inventory. 

thanks for the clarification!

@Dragolantissorry for giving wrong information, i was only interpretating the text from steam, which made me think otherwise.

just trying to help

@JoeW Thank you for the clarification. If I remember correctly, my Cousin (who gave me the copy), had a four pack or something along those lines, and this was when the game was in beta. I got the notification a from Steam about "a new item in my inventory" a few weeks ago. It is very possible I am recollecting incorrectly though, since it was so long ago. Perhaps Steam was being a bit odd about it? 

Also, I apologise for diverting this topic. 

Archived