Hej Folks,

I was wondering if I am missing something but when working with storage (especially with the teleporting one) how do I or can I even make sure that the storage gets like 917kg of Sand. Or 3 seeds of a specific kind etc.

Especially when filling a storage bin in a rocket command capsule it seems super tedious to me to fill it.

I would want a building like a storage container where I can set the amount per resource I want in there and the dupes jsut get it and fill it up to that amount.

Best wishes.

He want a storage that can have multiple resources with specified amount.

I don't know if i need a use for that ... what bothers me is, after a lot lot lot lot of "researching" and we reached a very advanced technology, we still stuck with 20t storage bin and didn't get any better than that ...

5 hours ago, MinhPham said:

He want a storage that can have multiple resources with specified amount.

That`s doable with a specific approach. First make separate storages, each with the specified amount set as max and wait for them to get filled. Next make the actual storage, set it to sweep only with the resources you want (make sure nothing in the base is marked for sweep), drop the stuff from the pre-storage and order a sweep (make sure the final storage has highest priority).

Same technique can be used to send a specified amount of seeds via the teleporters without sending them all at once.

21 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

That`s doable with a specific approach. First make separate storages, each with the specified amount set as max and wait for them to get filled. Next make the actual storage, set it to sweep only with the resources you want (make sure nothing in the base is marked for sweep), drop the stuff from the pre-storage and order a sweep (make sure the final storage has highest priority).

Same technique can be used to send a specified amount of seeds via the teleporters without sending them all at once.

He wanted a single storage which have custom capacity on every single item, like ... 1 meal wood seed, 1 blossom seed, 1 arbor arcorn, and something else like 917kg of sand, and is automatically refilled if some pieces is missing, like after a rocket trip ... it's a feature request, of course he still doing well with or without this feature ...

1 hour ago, MinhPham said:

He wanted a single storage which have custom capacity on every single item, like ... 1 meal wood seed, 1 blossom seed, 1 arbor arcorn, and something else like 917kg of sand, and is automatically refilled if some pieces is missing, like after a rocket trip ... it's a feature request, of course he still doing well with or without this feature ...

i think this is still doable with Sasza's suggestion but adding some conveyance.

1. Set storage for each resource with max for each resource defined

2. add auto-sweeper in range of each individual storage container to a conveyer loader

3. convey resources to another area with targeted single storage bin and drop them with a conveyer vent

4. auto sweep to the single storage bin

Make sure that the priority for the single storage bin is set lower than the priorities on the individual storage bins, and i think you're set.

Archived