Don't Starve Together: Cross Platform, Mobile

So , couple things i wan't to speak about. FIrst off all , cross platform. Crossplatform would be good for the other thing i wanted to talk about. Ps4 , Mobile , Xboxeone , and PC player's could all play together!. Mobile doesn't exist but that's another thing i wan't. Please make this game for mobile and crossplatform. It would be very usefull. Since them my entire family could play don't starve together. I have another request which is just personal , please make dst free on mobile. You don't have to do this it's just something i would like. Anyway's , i would be happy if you could add cross platform and don't starve together for mobile.

Dr.SPINGO

the main reason ive heard for cross platform not happening now or soon especially for PC is the fact that PC has mods, while the others don't. So they would have to someway work around that without creating massive loopholes for security breaches or stuff like that.

It's on the devs list but its lowish priority iirc. So soon maybe!

17 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

the main reason ive heard for cross platform not happening now or soon especially for PC is the fact that PC has mods, while the others don't. So they would have to someway work around that without creating massive loopholes for security breaches or stuff like that.

Is that the reason? I thought I remembered the reason being they had all this code in place that disallowed cross platforming but they would need to go back and rework all of that. I'm gonna search around and see what was actually said.

Edit: image.thumb.png.305878962a6e5aba7fbe83e3b511c3d6.png

Got it!

Original post here

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I’m pretty sure that they’ll just make it so that if you want to play with people on consoles you will have to play in a restricted world without access to your mods- this is literally how every other Cross-Platform game plays.. and I don’t see DST being any different UNLESS Klei lets the PC versions “host” mode enabled servers and console players can join them as a “Client” 

But even that seems most unlikely to happen.. Crossplay would however allow more people to more easily get together and play the game.

As for DST mobile.... I would like it to happen but New Home pretty much seals it’s faith as NOT ever happening- and until mobile gets Hamlet.... the odds of it getting DST aren’t that great because plain and simply: Mobile was barely able to pull the versions of DS that it has as is- I’m sure Hamlet & DST are completely off the menu.

Archived