world generation settings

It was always weird to me that when you hit "more" on a setting, it would just put that said thing all over the world... If you clicked "more" mactusks, you actually get a ton of mactusks spread randomly in your world, but people usually think... "hm, there's only 1 mactusk in my last world, it would have been nice to have like 3-5. Lets change it to 'more'.".

World generation settings should change the amount of something in their own respective biome. Say you wanted 'more' bees, then the world should produce more bee hives, but only where they are found naturally in the green grass biomes. If you wanted more rocks, they should show up more often in the rocky biomes. If you wanted more mactusks, they should show up in the 2 mactusk biomes. If you wanted more tumbleweeds, they should show up more often in the dragonfly biome. etc etc etc.

I disagree- the games description reads as explore randomly generated worlds full of things that hate you and want you to die.

If everything only spawned in a specific biome then that wouldn’t be Randomly generated worlds.. that would be more like highly limited randomly generated worlds.

Maybe there should be options for players to choose rather they want things scattered around their world randomly or always in a boring pre-determined biome.

Personally I would LOVE to be able to stroll through the middle of the Beefalo Savannah and get killed by a random swamp tentacle out in the middle of nowhere.

Unfortunately Xbox and PlayStation consoles don’t have a “More” option, we only have Default or Less... but I would love it if we could get a “Yes Randomize everything!” Choice.

Pig King spawning dead center of Lunar Grotto Biome or having parts of lunar island turf appear in otherwise predictable locations..

Maybe I’m asking for too much, but I would love it if Klei devs would go spend about 3 weeks playing Spelunky or It’s sequel Spelunky 2- Then they will have a better idea of randomly generated worlds that hate you and want you to die.

Maybe Gloomers Statue can spawn in Fireflys biome for once, or Not spawn at all.

I would love more ways of breaking the Meta gameplay- people are just plain and simply: Too familiar with where to go and what to do and what biome to venture into to find the things they need- in 2021/2022 I would like to see everyone playing DST getting completely lost all over again: with a little more mad unpredictable chaos.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

2021/2022 I would like to see everyone playing DST getting completely lost all over again: with a little more mad unpredictable chaos.

yeah mike we know. you've said this so many times before:lol:

to be honest im gonna make a counter for each time you say the words"mad unpredictable chaos"

Archived