some questions that i need answered(mainly about misery toadstool)

heya everyone

so recently winters feast started and added a new adornment for misery toadstool and around a week after winters feast started i made a new world and set it to auto so ive just been rushing as many bosses as possible with cheese and without.

so one boss who im thinking about a lot is misery toadstool.i just recently figured out that morning stars don't get affected by volt goat choid froid so my past fights with misery have been very stupid so i thought that i might be doing some other stuff wrong so i came here to ask the best way to defeat misery

so i fight misery with my friend.i play as the wolfgang and my friend plays as a woodie.i do the damage he chops the spore trees(i forgot what they were called)now when we fight i bring some volt goat choid froids and some morning stars but that apparently doesn't work so the first question is

what should i use alongside the volt goat choid froid?i would guess a dark sword or two right?

second question.what the highest damage multiplayer wolfgang can reach and how can i achieve it?

third.how many volt goat choid froids should i bring to the fight?

fourth.does misery drop both the normal toadstool adornment and the misery toadstool adornment or just the misery toadstool adornment?

fifth.are there any good cheeses for misery toadstool:lol:

those are my questions thanks in advance for anyone who answers

toodles

I got two words for you my friend: Ice Flingomatic.

Set up three surrounding him (so that all three can reach him with ease) and drop a bunch of feathers (real close to each other)  all around his hole before you spawn him in, use the staff that summons the dwarf stare (starcallers stave I think?) over the top of the feathers so that the ice flingos are CONSTANTLY trying to put out smouldering feathers but can't quite put it all out before other feathers smoulder.

He gets frozen constantly allowing you to chop his trees MUCH faster and more effectively. It also allows you to grab healing food/spiced volt jelly from a nearby fridge safely without danger of a sporecap landing over the top of it and spoiling your food while he is frozen. You can leave him frozen any time you need some breathing room, to heal, eat etc.

If woodie is purely chopping and not attacking (you should both be doing both for max efficiency) he should eat a honeyed food to chop ridiculously fast.

He only drops the Misery Ornament - I fought him three times, twice normal once misery so I can hang the three ornaments in a triangular fashion.

Are you spicing the Volt Jelly? Helps immensely! I generally use Thul Clubs because he stays in more or less one general area and hes huge so the spawned tentacles get a fair few hits in when they appear. Him being frozen all the time keeps him in one area too. Dark Swords are great too but that's mainly cause im Wig and can regain a ton of Sanity while I'm hitting him - for other characters the dark sword and caves drain is a fair bit especially considering you can't carry sanity food that safely during this fight. Make sure that throughout the fight you are luring him towards staying nice and close to where the ice flingos are landing so he doesn't get out of the "freeze zone" if you will.

You will honestly prob need more than just two dark swords or thul clubs - I play as Wig and did it solo and yeah Wolfgang does a LOT more damage but it took me quite a few clubs and I went through quite a lot of Warrior Helms and Jellybeans - this is mainly because I don't dodge his ground slam as much as I should and tank a stupid amount of damage towards the end of the fight and because I'm overly cautious/wasteful - probably didn't need to eat like half the jellybeans I ate. The boom shrooms are fairly easy to dodge once you get used to them so really only the slam should be damaging you towards the end of the fight (unless you're a pro and dodge all of those too).

Always make sure you chop every tree he spawns as fast as possible before even bothering to attack him again - they always take precedence to stop him from going super saiyan. Even when he manages to just get a couple up at a time his resistance to being frozen sky rockets and the ice flingos take much more hits to freeze him. Plus all his attacks do way more damage and he has stupidly high damage reduction.

Not sure what else to recommend.... hmmm. If it happens to be raining and you can get him nice and wet that' would add a ton more damage to your attacks while volt jellied up.

2 hours ago, stranger again said:

heya everyone

so recently winters feast started and added a new adornment for misery toadstool and around a week after winters feast started i made a new world and set it to auto so ive just been rushing as many bosses as possible with cheese and without.

so one boss who im thinking about a lot is misery toadstool.i just recently figured out that morning stars don't get affected by volt goat choid froid so my past fights with misery have been very stupid so i thought that i might be doing some other stuff wrong so i came here to ask the best way to defeat misery

so i fight misery with my friend.i play as the wolfgang and my friend plays as a woodie.i do the damage he chops the spore trees(i forgot what they were called)now when we fight i bring some volt goat choid froids and some morning stars but that apparently doesn't work so the first question is

what should i use alongside the volt goat choid froid?i would guess a dark sword or two right?

second question.what the highest damage multiplayer wolfgang can reach and how can i achieve it?

fourth.does misery drop both the normal toadstool adornment and the misery toadstool adornment or just the misery toadstool adornment?

fifth.are there any good cheeses for misery toadstool:lol:

those are my questions thanks in advance for anyone who answers

toodles

i did him solo as wolfgang a few times, so here's my 2c:

I find weather pains mandatory solo, but if you have a woodie on your team i guess chopping goes fast enough; but i think you could also help out with some wp, can't hurt, chopping those trees fast is very important. A panflute can also be handy, you sleep him after he summons trees so you can put them down without being bothered. Beware he wakes up pretty fast in later stages tho. Needless to say, fighting during/right after rain is also crucial. 

I like to use thelu clubs, if I remember correctly you need around <2 for the fight as spicy Wolf, so if there s 2 of you 1 each should do it. I'd also recommend making 2 milkmade hats for you, as they are great for this fight, maintaining Wolf's max dps and making that you don't have to worry about food spoiling. I'd also have some sanity food in a fridge near as the fight can take long and you will probably get wet.

In terms of armor bone armor helps a lot, as you don't need to kite the boomshrooms. For the final stomping stage you'd probably want a thelu crown too, as he can deal lots of damage if he gets you, and earthquakes as well, but before that you shouldn't need any head armor. If you don't have bone armor i'd probably use a magi for the first stages and just kite the boomshrooms.

In terms of dealing max damage, that would probably be blow darts, as one blowdart can deal up to 600dmg, but you'd still need tons for misery. 

As for cheeses, yes. The one with flingos explained above by Gelatinous, and there's also a way to push him away using fossils and then hit him as he tries to get back, but i'm not that familiar with that method. I don't really mind fighting him as you only really do it once per world for the napsack blueprint, and now an extra time for the added adorment. Either way it's a pretty consuming fight in terms of resources. 

3 hours ago, stranger again said:

Enemy wet+volt goat jelly+blow darts= 600damage each. But i would use dark sword or thulecite club if was on me. In winter the caves stay wet if there was precipitation

With a woodie partner i recomend you to have few weather pains to chop funcaps that might spawn inside of spore clows

Ice staff and pan flaute are helpful to have time to do stuff like eating or choping

Pay attention to your character,  he will say a quote if you dont hit toad for a while and want to flee. If he says something about it just run and hit him a few until toad reaggro you

there is many cheese methods like building walls in the arena to prevent funcaps spawning (but if you dont chop where is the fun), perma freeze with icelfingomatic, blocking him with lureplants, using clockworks or/and houndius shotious to add damage to the fight (take in count that doing this make you unable to freeze or sleep him)

I'd recommend using Dark Swords for the fight. Highest damage for a melee weapon and it gets ridiculous when boosted. If you add Chili Flakes to your Volt Goat Chaud-Froid, it can do 204 damage per hit on wet targets. As Wolfgang, you can do up to 408.

5 hours ago, stranger again said:

I believe that would be full mightyness + spicy Volt Goat Chaud-Froid + Abigail's petal debuff. That'd give you up to x6.6 damage. If you'd like your friend to switch to Wendy instead of Woodie, I have two recommendations: Bring Spectral Cure-Alls for Abigail to not die too early, and bring moon glass axes (maybe with honey crystal-seasoned food), which should be more than enough to take care of the sporecaps with 2 players.

I'm pretty sure you'll need two, but maybe one might suffice if you maximize your damage.

I'm pretty sure he only drops the Misery Toadstool adornment.

Archived