Please allow deconstruction of POis

These objects are all fun and games until you plan to build something that overlaps them. And once they have been inspected and/or rummaged, they often have not use at all. I know there is a mod doing exactly this, but it feels that it should be in the base game.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, Adirelle said:

These objects are all fun and games until you plan to build something that overlaps them. And once they have been inspected and/or rummaged, they often have not use at all. I know there is a mod doing exactly this, but it feels that it should be in the base game.

Bring in breach charges! Lets breach the Remnant locker!

Since the thing is made from neutronium, might be good idea to have some kind of explosive charge meant specifically to destroy such furniture.

I think once it's inspected, it should be destructable.

This would only require a material change on inspect from Nutronium to [ mineral ]. They could just make it out of abyssalite to avoid accidental destruction.

Other options being skill gated deconstruction. Tier three builder maybe.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:05 AM, The Plum Gate said:

Other options being skill gated deconstruction. Tier three builder maybe.

Or a special archaeologist job. First tier would allow dupes to analyze ruins with a chance to find artifacts, since we no longer get them from space at random. Second tier would allow for deconstruction of said structures.

Not sure they'll ever budge on this one. Prior to spaced out POIs were most likely meant to represent problematic garbage (much like plastics in the real world) and now instead of allowing them to be deconstructed they just made some of them uniquely useful instead.

Tangent: if POIs not being deconstructible is supposed to be an anti-littering message then they should definitely fix the oxygen mask system.

Archived