Scalding mechanic and rocket interaction.

Actual scalding mechanics and rocket interaction are not very fun to deal with. 
Micro heavy ressources transfer between rocket and colony and unintuitive or limited gaz propagation in void. Make this all process really stressful and dangerous. But this is true only if there is backwall around the rocket exhaust. 

Different way to limit the pain of the process would be:
-To limit expansion of backwall on asteroid surface.
-Duplicant being able to interact/destroy original backwall
- rework gaz propagation to have gaz expanding/dissipating fast in the void
-Rework scalding mechanics to have this take in account the concentration of gaz to define power of heat transfert to dupe thus harming them or not.

Actually few mg of hot co² are harming the dupe nearly instantly while you want transfert strategic ressources using rocket. 

Having to wait many cycle for the gaz to dissipate (this doesn't happen in fact) or having them equip suit for two second exposure is not very satisfying imo. 

I`m pretty sure they will fix it by adding an extra biome on the top. We are still missing the regolith/mafic rock space biome with shove voles. With it in place actual space should start above the backwall. For now we just need to put rockets above the backwall or wait for the gasses to dissipate.

The DLC rockets look so tiny and I do not "Feel the heat", also I loved that it was possible to stack rockets in the base game. I like it when a rocket is 1 km tall, melts everything around it and rises 5km from my base rocket silo to the top of the map...Also please allow us to start on a big map as an option.

Dear Klei, please make it possible to stack rockets someday with the new DLC system - That would be very nice :p

@Sasza22 Do you perhaps know if stacking rockets works in the DLC :confused:

It would also be nice if not everyone is forced to crawl in to rocket interiors to work on the latest Paris Hilton Decor-Interior designs in the inside. Some players like the refueling and automation system as in the base game ( just looking from the "outside" on to the rocket ), including me.

11 hours ago, babba said:

@Sasza22 Do you perhaps know if stacking rockets works in the DLC :confused:

Didn`t try that. I assume you can`t stack one above another since you need the landing pad to construct one and free sky above to launch it. But maybe there are ways to glitch it.

Good news is that Klei plans to make big maps as an option later in the dlc and big rockets will likely be back as well.

Archived