How are you avoiding those sub-kilogram deliveries to the critter feeders?

I've been having the worst kind of priority problems with these things. I haven't attempted automation.

Can anyone confirm that there's relevant automation with regard to these buildings? My biggest issue is that they are interfering with supply errands.

I had one critter feeder, priority 5, That was being topped off after every little nibble from it. Checking the errands, the entire colony thought that it was in their top 5 list of things to do...

Ideally, I would like these to only be filled when they become empty, otherwise the functionality of the caché portion on this building is looking rather dubious.

Anyone have any thoughts? I haven't played ONI in over a year. So I may have missed something obvious or some previously posted farming trick.

Strange that dupes have nothing else to do that filling up critter feed continuously must be .. bugged? Also that's yet another mod they should implement into the game "Allow Manual Use" or something.. if you uncheck it dupes can't deliver. Do you have a sweeper to help top off the critter feed while dupes run other things?

26 minutes ago, misotoma said:

Strange that dupes have nothing else to do that filling up critter feed continuously must be .. bugged?

I destroyed it thinking it was bugged, some of the other feeders have started behaving the same way though. I checked my dupes priorities and the errands tab - there's some anomalous behaviour at work with these things, I just can't definitively pin down what it is.

I'm hoping some automation might help - I have been having the same type of problem with the water cooler. I'll get two dupes delivering to it, one will have 4535g and another will have 465g for instance. Occasionally, I was noticing that micrograms of materials were being delivered to the requesting buildings.

I may simply need to consolidate my storage materials such that there aren't so many different items in different storages - this may help. But I've got no excuse for the water cooler. This thing just doesn't hold enough water.

Dies this happen with all your feeders or just with some? 'Cos I only notice it with polluted dirt to the pokeshells, and I assume that's because it offgasses constantly within the feeder.

Putting a storage bin and an autosweeper there helped somewhat in taking the repetitive tasks away from the dupes; the final solution I think would be to pressurize the stable until the critter feeder doesn't off-gas. For pokeshells specifically you can do this easier by just flooding the ranch with water, as they can survive under the sea.

5 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

How are you avoiding those sub-kilogram deliveries to the critter feeders?

automaton and the storage bin, this how i use for any object where i want that dupes not run there all the time.

that includes also food making with Ration box

Archived