Playability spaceout DLC

I've been playing the game for quite a while.

Can the game become a bit more playable?.
Owning the game for a year or so, never been able to get to the rocket stage, the DLC seams even harder to me.

- Have the world generator at least create a random world with:
 - Clean water vulcan, eventually water resources ends the game
 - Petrol or oil vulcan

Always have maps that can produce plastics, or make it possible that the steam engine can be made from other materials as well.
Also i was unable to create fibers in the first and seccond planet in the DLC, this means no spaceshuits, so no telescope, and no ... it kinda ends there.

I understand maps are created randomly, but there is random and random.
Or at least give players the option to set minimal wanted vulcano types.
Now we have easy and hard mode, make it easy hard insane  (where easy would be the new easy with adjusted randomness).

Map generation has some guaranteed stuff. It should always be there but occasionally it bugs out. For the base game 2 cool steam vents and 2 natural gas vents were guaranteed iirc.

For the dlc you are guaranteed a cold polluted water one and a cold brine one for the swamp start and a lot of oil wells one the planet you can teleport to. You`d need to transfer water there but you can do it with warp pipes. Swamp start doesn`t have fiber but you can do the space stuff reliably with just oxygen masks.

The sandstone start has fiber available right away. You get 2 guaranteed cool steam vents like in vanilla and again oil wells on the second one but this time the second is swamp so it has tons of polluted water to use for the oil rigs. I advise you start that one to get the resources you need. But keep in mind it might have more heat problems so insulate the base early on.

Water sources and oil sources have been guaranteed since their inclusion or close to it. in the base game there will always be at the very, very least, 1 cool steam vent and a plethora of oil and oil wells.

Even without geysers, for a while there has been ways to generate water and oil without them. Slicksters make oil from Co2 and glossy dreckos make plastic, and you can make water from rockets in the base game and ethanol or petrol in DLC. Its not that hard to find solutions to these problems if you look for them.

On 12/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, PGTART said:

I've been playing the game for quite a while.

Can the game become a bit more playable?.
Owning the game for a year or so, never been able to get to the rocket stage, the DLC seams even harder to me.

- Have the world generator at least create a random world with:
 - Clean water vulcan, eventually water resources ends the game
 - Petrol or oil vulcan

Always have maps that can produce plastics, or make it possible that the steam engine can be made from other materials as well.
Also i was unable to create fibers in the first and seccond planet in the DLC, this means no spaceshuits, so no telescope, and no ... it kinda ends there.

I understand maps are created randomly, but there is random and random.
Or at least give players the option to set minimal wanted vulcano types.
Now we have easy and hard mode, make it easy hard insane  (where easy would be the new easy with adjusted randomness).

Agreed - Hopefully there will be various map settings for the DLC in early 2021, similar to the current base game world settings :rolleyes:

You need to examine some of your assumptions. You don't atmo suits to have telescopes or go to space. The telescope can see through solid tiles when built in the right location. And dupes can hold their breath to do some stuff in space. With the smaller maps they don't need to go far.

Water is only an issue in volume. With the Terra start you get two cool steam vents. With the Swamp start you get two cold water geysers - use the polluted one for food and the brine one for oxygen. And there are some other options to produce some extra water.

Oil is guaranteed. So I don't know where that one comes from

Archived