I find the lack of food diversity underwhelming, especially considering how many ingredients there are but how few recipes there are. Tofu could be useful in other ways, like adding a sort of nosh sauce version (Look, if nosh is supposed to be soy, then at least add a recipe to make soy sauce soaked tofu, salty and all), Perhaps new salami, made with salt and meat, or perhaps a replacement of meat with planty plant meat instead. The gamma ray oven seems like a new and sad opportunity to make ever so slightly better foods, similar to that of the grill. Perhaps a new microbe musher food, with sucrose and bog jelly, as it would be jello, or remove the sucrose and add water, as it would either be edible as is or an additive to foods to make them jigglier, whilst being edible directly. Probably some sort of gelatin or swamp gelatin, either way its use would be useful regardless. Either way I'm tired, but I was wondering what else could be made from the same base ingredients.

For sure we will get more with the new station. For now the variety is mostly good. I just think the microbe musher could use some more early game options. It doesn`t do anything on the swamp start and the bog jelly sounds like something "mushable". I think it should use clean water rather than sucrose for it to be availalbe earlygame without moving out of the biome.

I could also see some sort of salty taffy made out of sucrose, salt and water for another edible thing made out of unedible ingredients. Another musher option could use waterweed and salt water for something a`la liceloaf (more calories but costly).

Other than that we can process most of the food in some way. The new station should probably produce high quality food tha doesn`t spoil or has a long spoil time which would make sense for space food but it should require ingredients from multiple planets as it`s a lategame thing.

16 hours ago, Xenologist said:

I find the lack of food diversity underwhelming

Is this a commonly held opinion?  We've got meat, fish, eggs, lettuce, berries, mushrooms, beans, bread, and grubs, and we're getting a few more sources of food in the DLC.  That seems like a fairly diverse selection to me.

16 hours ago, goboking said:

Is this a commonly held opinion?  We've got meat, fish, eggs, lettuce, berries, mushrooms, beans, bread, and grubs, and we're getting a few more sources of food in the DLC.  That seems like a fairly diverse selection to me.

I mean lack of recipes to make with the food.

Archived