pumps out of refined metal?

im guessing im missing something because the game is not letting me build pumps out of refined metals on the new DLC. i have plenty to build both, but the option for refined metal is not showing up on either the gas pump or the liquid pump. this leaves gold amalgam as the only ore that has any overheat protection, even though i have iron and tungsten. there is no gold amalgam on this asteroid, so cant touch the oil without overheating pumps constantly. i would have to establish a whole new colony on the third asteroid to get gold amalgam shipped over to the oil biome to even start getting oil without overheating pumps. ill try to work up into steel to see if that allows me to build it out of that. if not, then that pretty much breaks the long game.

37 minutes ago, Griphen21 said:

im guessing im missing something because the game is not letting me build pumps out of refined metals on the new DLC. i have plenty to build both, but the option for refined metal is not showing up on either the gas pump or the liquid pump. this leaves gold amalgam as the only ore that has any overheat protection, even though i have iron and tungsten. there is no gold amalgam on this asteroid, so cant touch the oil without overheating pumps constantly. i would have to establish a whole new colony on the third asteroid to get gold amalgam shipped over to the oil biome to even start getting oil without overheating pumps. ill try to work up into steel to see if that allows me to build it out of that. if not, then that pretty much breaks the long game.

I haven't played the DLC so far, but Vanilla doesn't allow pumps to be built out of refined metal, so I don't get why you expect DLC to do so.

Only exception have always been Thermium and Steel.

Archived