Wild Crops no longer show a map icon

Ohan

Hi!

Not sure wether this shouldve been posted in the bug tracker but it appears that wild crops no longer have a map icon. I hope this feature will return cause i liked using them as map markers in the early game for certain points of interest. 

20 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Probably cause there is no real difference between "wild" crops and farm crops anymore.

Yeah but there wasnt before RWYS either? Advanced farms had map icons and wild crops had their own icon. now neither have any indication on the map aside from small spots of brown turf for farm soil. its a minor thing for sure but i did like marking volt goat herds and beefalo with wild crops. And it was also handy to find patches of wild crops planted away from your base, especially in the caves.

Now i sometimes run in the wrong direction because i literally forget where i planted them lol because i cant see them on the map. 

13 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Yeah but there wasnt before RWYS either? Advanced farms had map icons and wild crops had their own icon. now neither have any indication on the map aside from small spots of brown turf for farm soil. its a minor thing for sure but i did like marking volt goat herds and beefalo with wild crops. And it was also handy to find patches of wild crops planted away from your base, especially in the caves.

Now i sometimes run in the wrong direction because i literally forget where i planted them lol because i cant see them on the map. 

Well, Wild Crops used to rot, whereas farm crops didn't before, so I'm guessing they did.

Plus, Farm Crops also had map icons back then (well, farms did, but it was the same thing), whereas now neither farm nor wild crops do.

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

Well, Wild Crops used to rot, whereas farm crops didn't before, so I'm guessing they did.

well yeah :P but i dont think wild crops rotting was the reason or justification for them to have a map icon lol 

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Plus, Farm Crops also had map icons back then (well, farms did, but it was the same thing), whereas now neither farm nor wild crops do.

Thats what i said though? I think they should both have map icons. farm plants still have a mark on the map thanks to the brown Farm Soil turf whereas wild crops are completely invisible 

20 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Plus, imagine if the 373 Pumpkins I planted a while ago all showed up on my map.

thats exactly what wild crops did though before rwys 

4 hours ago, Ohan said:

well yeah :P but i dont think wild crops rotting was the reason or justification for them to have a map icon lol 

Thats what i said though? I think they should both have map icons. farm plants still have a mark on the map thanks to the brown Farm Soil turf whereas wild crops are completely invisible 

thats exactly what wild crops did though before rwys 

I, uh, might have been at work and thus kinda skimmed the reply. Sorry. :P

I meant wild crops functioned differently from farm crops before, so they weren't quite identical as they are now. But with RWYS, they are the exact same prefab; you can even turn a "farm crop" into a "wild crop" by digging up the farm soil turf and vice versa by using the garden rigamajig.

You can't give "wild crops" a map icon without doing the same for "farm crops". And I assume that, thanks to how densely packed farm plots can get now (and are intended to be even), they didn't want to make the map super cluttered by adding icons for all those plants; same reason they chose not to give map icons for walls.

Archived