A few seed generation change oberservations.

I started a new game with my pre-update seed and looked for any obvious differences in sandbox mode. I observe the following.

1) The following biomes on the first two planetoids now have buried plant seeds rust, jungle, and ocean. All you folks that were worried about your nosh bean farms can rest easier now. 

2) The warp planetoid rust biome now has many more squeaky pufts spawned at the start. My old lucky drecko is gone but I am not sure if it is gone from all other map seeds now. This requires testing. 

3) The third planetoid now has a CO2 geyser. 

Feel free to share any worldgen changes you have noticed. 

Dreckos seems to be gone from the rocky warp world.   Did multiple rerolls of a seed that had them before.   Would get 2 pufts but never the puft and drecko combo you'd occasionally see before.

Only rolled one new map after the last patch, but noticed the Rocky asteroid didn't have any pokeshells on it -- are those gone now?

CO2 on Edenia planet seems to be variable, one seed had 2, another had none.    1 seemed common now?

Biggest change seemed to be that all the planets are now within reach.   Since Tuesday nice not see a starmap that had more than 5 tiles between any two planets. 

8 hours ago, Brian.oni said:

Biggest change seemed to be that all the planets are now within reach.   Since Tuesday nice not see a starmap that had more than 5 tiles between any two planets. 

So you need to suicide several dupes since the rocket can't return trip? and then have all these stranded rockets stuck on the map?

14 minutes ago, chemie said:

So you need to suicide several dupes since the rocket can't return trip? and then have all these stranded rockets stuck on the map?

If you send 2 rockets, both with a trail blazer module, then you have enough refined metal for a landing pad. 

all you need after that is to make sure one of the rockets can house 2 dupes for 10-20 cycles... could use oxylite + berry sludge.. 

1 hour ago, SkunkMaster said:

If you send 2 rockets, both with a trail blazer module, then you have enough refined metal for a landing pad. 

all you need after that is to make sure one of the rockets can house 2 dupes for 10-20 cycles... could use oxylite + berry sludge.. 

seems like they should increase the range on the rockets until the newer rocket content is ready.  What you describe seems like a pretty specific edge case (here I was assuming you would send a rover, then maybe a cargo drop or two, then a trailbazer.  But the whole, live of the rockets does sound weird compared to how they designed the rocket tools.

21 hours ago, chemie said:

seems like they should increase the range on the rockets until the newer rocket content is ready.  What you describe seems like a pretty specific edge case 

I think it's fair way to test things.   If they made travel super easy you would encourage people only testing edge cases out of curiosity instead of necessity.   By making it hard to start ,you force people to figure out what's possible / how to abuse the system etc.   Probably a fair way to tune a games difficulty.

Also, once you can get there, there's the question of how to handle the planet.  I had a similar idea to SkunkMaster's described approach, but I'm not sure how you could survive or do anything on the niobium planet w/o living out of your rocket for a bit.

1 hour ago, Brian.oni said:

I think it's fair way to test things.   If they made travel super easy you would encourage people only testing edge cases out of curiosity instead of necessity.   By making it hard to start ,you force people to figure out what's possible / how to abuse the system etc.   Probably a fair way to tune a games difficulty.

Also, once you can get there, there's the question of how to handle the planet.  I had a similar idea to SkunkMaster's described approach, but I'm not sure how you could survive or do anything on the niobium planet w/o living out of your rocket for a bit.

Without geyser water, I am not sure you should have any base on anything but the main rock and the teleport rock anyway

1 hour ago, chemie said:

Without geyser water, I am not sure you should have any base on anything but the main rock and the teleport rock anyway

Yeah, I feel like that's why it might be expected that you should have the ability live out of your rocket for a duration.   B/c of the obsidian the rover should be limited as to what it can prepare ahead of time on the Niobium planet, but clearing out a channel to the volcano will take a couple of cycles at least.   So dupes will have to live out of some space for a while.

This is the setup i use for my 2 rockets: 

20201128192240_1.thumb.jpg.8e7221a4d45345738bc37d07548f2637.jpg

20201128231058_1.thumb.jpg.40f926526cd3dfeca95c83163ac220a0.jpg

Notice how the storage rocket, with just 150kg of berry sludge, has 600k kcal... the "habitat" rocket would have 1000kg. - Should be enough to last for some time. 

Habitat rocket uses rails with oxylite, the oxylite rails delete co2 and other unwanted gasses while keeping the pressure at perfect 1800.

Temp plates are used to increase thermal mass in order to buy more time before it dies to heat.

Archived