Carbon dioxide engine and some geysers

The gas CO2 input for rocket fuel looks a bit too easy. I know it is meant to be for the starting rocket, but it basically means you get to fuel a rocket without much thought. And isn't gas CO2 meant to be like a byproduct only specific things can filter out, like slicksters or carbon skimmer? Liquid CO2 input sounds like a better requirement. To not make it too difficult and help players that may not have the tools to make liquid CO2 themselves, you could also add a liquid CO2 geyser on the starting asteroid, so you would need to insulate that and it would make liquid CO2 actually useful for something.

Also now that the sulfur is useful, it would be great to have a geyser for it. It could be burried to start off with so you couldn't tame it near the start of the game without the right buildings and materials and better knowledge of the game. A liquid sulfur geyser that output at around 150C sounds good. Otherwise we only have sour gas boilers for making sulfur, and for what the grubbfruit is worth that seems an excessive need. You would probably need to burn off a lot of power in the process just to get enough sulfur for a decent amount of grubfruit and to feed to sweetles if you wanted to use sucrose engines for rockets more.

I think at the moment the CO2 engine is a bit too overpowered. The sugar engine is more powerful, but CO2 has a large range. The current sugar sustainability aside, a more logical progression would for CO2 to be only very short range and you need sugar for more serious rocketry. CO2 could still be more useful than the steam rocket so you don't replace it after one trip, but not be your main rocket for a long time.

I disagree. Let CO2 engine be left as it is. It is the simplest one and a lot of players were asking to make rocketry simple (I am not one of them, I actually like old rocket design much better, even steam one was good for the introduction into rocketry). CO2 is only 2 cell return trip and is ok for the beginning. I simply hope that there will be petrol and hydrogen rockets for more cells to fly to.

So to say you will need neither sugar engine or CO2 when oil engines will be in the game (I hope) like the steam engine in the vanilla game quickly become obsolete but required at the first steps into rocketry.

In fact, I can see synergy of CO2 engines and petrol engines (slicksters)!!!

Imagine if it would be possible to spend a lot of "rope" resource to once tie 2 rockets together, for 1.5x times the range.

So the dupe constructs a tie rope and bangs them together for a one time launch :bee: ...after this 1 time launch the rope rips apart.

Its a kind of desperate act of the player to increase the range for 1 time and the roping only works up to a certain total dual rocket weight.

image.thumb.png.dd1f5217cb8858d8dfb279e7d5dd0679.pngimage.thumb.png.2dd191e8c4e6727303c56b5d0caac2a9.pngimage.thumb.png.dd1f5217cb8858d8dfb279e7d5dd0679.png

Archived