[SUGGESTION] Space Toilets

I noticed that a lot of spaceship interiors are using the outhouse without the wash basin in order to save space. I think there should be an advanced toilet that is small and avoids the need for a sink.

• Compact toilet that doesn't require a sink (cleans and evacuates duplicants)
  • Acts like a toilet but also removes germs from the dup after use
  • Requires power
  • Water is delivered and pwater is removed like the wash basin
  • Fairly large liquid tanks like the wash basin
  • Requires advanced materials like plastic or refined metal
  • Looks like a washing machine
  • 2x2 (square works better for the washing machine look)

Animation and appearance:

• Make it look like a high tech washing machine
  • Have a round port hole to view inside (like on the skill scrubber or a real washing machine)
  • Use the dup's outhouse animation when they do their business (including the happy relief face)
  • However, when they finish use the "holding breadth" face animation while the view fills with water and then starts to spin
  • When the spin cycle finishes open the door and use the manual generator dismount animation to eject the dup from the washing machine free of germs
  • Perhaps also include a red/green occupied/vacant sign like on airplane toilets

Balance

• You're basically trading power and labour in exchange for compact space (2x2 vs 4x3). You'd probably continue to use sinks and lavatories in your base but use this when space is limited.

Please also give the space rocket, space shuttle or whatever space vehicle may come someday, an individual "Space interior indoor look and space sounds".

Currently the spaceship items look mostly the same like colony items - Immersion breaker for me. Please give us a nice space age feeling inside rockets, thank you :adoration:

image.png.ab7010282524646a19df82ddfa7124cc.png Modern

image.png.769db75c270dc42eedfe3b36bd9d5644.png 50s

If you give us lots of  new items in space style which we can build, then my eyes may start feeling a bit better being inside a rocket. Space Toilet, Space Microwave, Advanced Space Hamster Wheel, Space Cargo Containers etc.

Please give us some more ambient mood stuff options and space environment, so it feels like being really in a rocket.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:13 AM, gizban said:

• Make it look like a high tech washing machine

+1000

image.png.b918da9678ce2a51d91013f9f8e94495.png

REAL LIFE TOILET, some people use it wrongly as washing machine and stand it up in their home.

Can be laid down and correctly used as SPACE DESIGNER TOILET in ONi

14 hours ago, DragonStar said:

It could be vacuum based evacuating into space so no emptying, just filling and cleaning. Also maybe a built in hand sanitizer station to help save space.

So, window open and popping the poop and pee out by hand ? :lol:

Archived