Please stop with the arbitrary requirements

I don't understand why this was changed, and I tested it myself to make sure and that is the case still and it is. Before you could put duplicants in jet suits just by making sure of the oxygen requirement, which makes sense, but they could also fly with them, which didn't make sense. But why did you make petroleum a requirement to put the suits on in the first place instead of fixing the bug properly? Heard this first from Brothgar at 23:57 but I can't find it mentioned in the patch notes.

Same can be said about the automatic dispencer and smart storage bin, which require power to work. This doesn't make any sense. One is just dropping items on the floor that are thrown inside it and the other is giving off a signal based on interior weight, which is what a weight plate does without power and so does everything else that is just a sensor. For some reason the refrigerator can't send a signal without being powered, which is also very annoying.

One building I am glad that has a power requirement now is the deodoriser. It does make some sense to have even if it is a low one as it just uses sand and somehow you end up with clean oxygen. But that is one of the only exceptions for a building like this.

watching that video it's interesting how he wants to rethink his strategy.

I have an answer that fulfills ALL asteroids. Break. It. Down.

Honestly just leaving a dupe housing unit with a liquid lock and let the vacuum of space (once the whole map has been dug up) eat off all the irritable gases. Then continue pumping oxygen to fill up as you put an artificial roof on the map lol. Voila 

I wasn't sure why brothgar was go gung ho on atmo suits just to deal with some chlorine.  Just pump it into storage and be done with it.  For me, atmo suits are for dealing with extreme heat, and that's it.

29 minutes ago, psusi said:

I wasn't sure why brothgar was go gung ho on atmo suits just to deal with some chlorine.  Just pump it into storage and be done with it.  For me, atmo suits are for dealing with extreme heat, and that's it.

Heat is really the only thing where you need them. Even Space is somewhat possible without them. I once tried to dig an oil biome in classic without suits and it was basically impossible. I just could not get very far in before I had to pull my dupes out again and let them heal.

2 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

the automatic dispencer and smart storage bin, which require power to work.

FYI, this was fixed in the last patch. The line about buildings with filtered inventories continuing to accept deliveries except in cases of "major" failure.

The dispenser is back to its pre-alpha behavior. I assume the others are as well.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:41 AM, ghkbrew said:

FYI, this was fixed in the last patch. The line about buildings with filtered inventories continuing to accept deliveries except in cases of "major" failure.

The dispenser is back to its pre-alpha behavior. I assume the others are as well.

The point is about them having power port to begin with. Dispenser doesn't need one at all, neither does the smart storage bin, they shouldn't need power to drop solids or send automation signal. But at least the dispenser now works without it.

Archived