Holiday Cheer renewability after WF ends?

if you play on pc you can change the world event via console or with this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299647282

(the code to use in the console is aswell in the mod description)

if you play on console, the only way i know is to set the world event in winter feast when creating a world but it will keep that event forever

42 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I wonder if it's possible to get more holiday cheer after the winter's feast ends, the recipes are cool and great for megabasing.

1. Get a friend
  2. Make any feast for 1x Holiday Cheer
  3. Feast together with your friend
  4. Die
  5. Collect 2x Holiday Cheer
  6. Profit

Sadly I do not think so.. enjoy it while it lasts once it’s gone it’s gone.

I think that’s what originally turned me Away from DST to be honest- it wasn’t the difficulty of it (because I had already bought DS and loved it and it’s arguably 1000x harder) It was the limited time modes & events with limited time skins & features that once the event was over... no longer was useable.

This is prior to me ever discovering that there is such a thing as a Server Rollback button: But it made me very very sad to like say for example set up WinterFeast Tables and Gingerpig storage chests for decorative purposes and then Deerclops, Bearger, Antlion, some random player etc destroys that content I have no way of restoring.

Its a hard turn away for anyone unaware of server rollback button and I feel like people who can just console command those skins, features etc back don’t really know what it’s like to lose that content.

Without Holiday Cheer you can’t continue to cook up holiday foods, you can build as many Ovens as you want but you can’t build the Feast Tables.

Just like Year of Carrat won’t let you keep them as pets and race them anymore-

These events should be permanently playable rather than being limited time, I understand that in doing that it losses some of its special charm, but least I wouldn’t have to be turned away from the game when Deerclops crashes my pig village and Carrat race course.

I don’t have any ideas on how to make them renewable.. perhaps maybe enemies you kill could continue to have a 2% chance to drop them even after the event has expired?

I did actually test this last year and yes you are able to get cheer if you have 30+ seconds of cheer. Which is possible to get if you have like 3 people eating a meal at a table, and then all dieing to something like an enenomy trap. Everyone will drop a Christmas spirit.

This is how we kept making more meals even after winters feast ended

I would like a calculator that would calculate how long would you have to eat on the table ( based on present players, different foods, copied foods)
to be able to drop a cheer.

Can anyone please make a such thing or is there a simple calculation?

I do hope that there is a way to get it so long as your world experience WF. I love the Hallowed Nights mad scientist lab because once you craft it, you can use it to its full potential all year round. It would be a cool way of showing off that worlds that have been around for multiple events.

Archived