Strategy for Woodie's Ruin Rush?

He's good, better than many others, not exceptional IMHO.

Step 1 Super rushing method:  collecting as many seeds, grass, twigs, flint as I can while on the surface, and prototyping at very least  a spear, a backpack, a shovel and healing salves and jump to the caves.
Step 1 Preferred method: All of the above + hambat, gold pickaxe, a prototyped crock pot, a miner's hat and some armor (log suit or football helmet)

Step 2 The strategy is the same for both cases, getting a bunch of monster meat (whatever source, a stack at least) become goose while on the caves, and find the blue mushroom biome. Collect as many blue mushrooms as you can, then become goose again until you find the ruins.

Step 3: Once you reach the ruins, on every biome with clockworks, become the Moose and slowly kill all the robots. You can always retreat to become Woodie again and heal with blue caps and/or healing salves on a safe spot.

Step 4: I usually eat all the blue caps while fighting, so the prototyped crockpot is to make meatballs with lichen and monster meat, or bananas and morsels, or whatever I find. I then take my time mining all the statues and hammering the broken clockworks. Once you are done, if you still have seeds left you can quickly leave the ruins as a goose again.

What I don't recommend: While the werebeaver could be useful in breaking all the statues, in reality you'll be insane all the time and shadows will haunt you non-stop. The beaver is very vulnerable to terrobeaks, so just take your time and use a pickaxe instead.

-Why the hambat or the armor?-
In-between transformations you will be stalked non-stop by shadows, and you need to have the means to defend yourself. you will also be weak and probably at low HP from the transformations, so the armor may save you from being one shot by a sneaky terrorbeak. 

to add a little thing of the complete tutorial of shadowduelist. If you are fighting as moose and see that the metter is low and there is shadows going to atack you, start spaming the charge to go far away so you can transform into human and have room to heal and fight back. Moose form is so strong for ruins rush but shadows can kill you easy between forms

Depends on if you're quick rushing or not, I would recommend immediately going under and gathering resources along the way to the ruins, locate the blue mush forest to chop down mushtrees for blue caps, you can dig, but I prefer chopping.

Use moose whenever you need to do combat (but make sure there's a good amount of things to fight), extend form whenever possible, strategically headbutt objects and hit walls when not in combat to use moose as a hammer and kill any potential clockworks. If you want, you can *try* to go for goose to find it faster, but it takes a while to get the seeds, while you're basically waiting collect as many grass/twigs as possible. I used to do this, but find it faster to just immediately go under.

Save most prototyping for inside the ruins, as it's free sanity. While doing enough outside to get whatever you deem as a necessity.

Remember that moose shreds nightmares, if you're in a situation where you could farm a lot of fuel, consider doing so to allow more crafting to be done.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, WoodieMain45684 said:

Depends on if you're quick rushing or not, I would recommend immediately going under and gathering resources along the way to the ruins, locate the blue mush forest to chop down mushtrees for blue caps, you can dig, but I prefer chopping.

Use moose whenever you need to do combat (but make sure there's a good amount of things to fight), extend form whenever possible, strategically headbutt objects and hit walls when not in combat to use moose as a hammer and kill any potential clockworks. If you want, you can *try* to go for goose to find it faster, but it takes a while to get the seeds, while you're basically waiting collect as many grass/twigs as possible. I used to do this, but find it faster to just immediately go under.

Save most prototyping for inside the ruins, as it's free sanity. While doing enough outside to get whatever you deem as a necessity.

Remember that moose shreds nightmares, if you're in a situation where you could farm a lot of fuel, consider doing so to allow more crafting to be done.

Is it recommended to collect green mush for sanity, if I want to utilise were-beaver for the ruins?

12 hours ago, TheTruth said:

Is it recommended to collect green mush for sanity, if I want to utilise were-beaver for the ruins?

1. You can if you have the space in your inventory and are willing to take time to chop.

2. I actually wouldn't recommend using beaver that much, while he can get a lot of work done, it's oft easier to get the work done when in moose form after combat or have rooks do the work, any leftovers after this point can be pickaxed (and it gives you a reason to craft an opulent pickaxe and will give you sanity in the process). Maybe if you were squeezing thule out of walls you might would want to utilize beaver so you don't have to craft 5 hammers, but past that, the cost is too great to really make good use of beaver. Who I'd say rn is probably the weakest of Woodie's forms, but still does have some niches, especially lategame.

Archived