How would you rework Wickerbottom?

1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

Make her "can't sleep" perk actually mean something. It should be both a downside and an upside. Make it so she is no longer put to "sleep" by bearger yawn, gestalts, mandrakes, other players using pan flute or sleep dart in PVP, etc. It makes 0 sense to just plop down on the ground wide awake when a huge monster yawns.

That's actually a real thing that can happen. It's a form of sleep paralysis where your body has been put into sleep mode whilst your wide awake

1 minute ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

That's actually a real thing that can happen. It's a form of sleep paralysis where your body has been put into sleep mode whilst your wide awake

Yeah but you would not have your eyes wide open and you are twitching, right?

23 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

I don't see how that would be any different from any other game that has a mana bar. The only game I can ever remember playing that didn't have some kind of finite magic pool you need to regen was Magicka.

True, but then it would need to be changed for all characters, so you basically couldn't telepoof without enough sanity, or cast a dwarf star, or use an ice staff. The sanity loss seems to be designed as a penalty, instead of a resource.

I'm not saying its bad to change the whole concept of it, I just don't like the idea of having to munch sanity restoring food all the time just to cast a spell, given how easy it is to mass obtain sanity restoring food. It would be more of a nuisance.

1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

Yeah but you would not have your eyes wide open and you are twitching, right?

You would, actually. It's a terrifying thing that can happen. Since your basically half asleep during it, people have said that they had vivid hallucinations during it, that they could feel and see

Archived