Dupes dying in rocket

5 hours ago, ZnSstr said:

My dupe is idle once it enters the rocket then dying.. What am I missing?

No reed fiber or dreckos anywhere, space suits are not a solution.

Select the command module and click "View Interior" - you can build inside them now! Make sure you add oxygen and/or food to the interior. :)

2 hours ago, Beowulfe said:

Select the command module and click "View Interior" - you can build inside them now! Make sure you add oxygen and/or food to the interior. :)

Yea I viewed the interior but didn't figure out I need to built something inside. I will try that

2 hours ago, LiveActionPixel said:

My go to for first rockets is Canister Filler / Emptier - 100% Oxygen and no worries about having to power it. 

I found it to be too weak for the smaller cockpit; my dupes would just idle inside and suck up all the oxygen I was putting in, filling it with CO2 in the process :D Hoping for some more rocket-orientated buildings for life support in the release

3 hours ago, LiveActionPixel said:

My go to for first rockets is Canister Filler / Emptier - 100% Oxygen and no worries about having to power it. 

Algae Terrariums are much better - no power required and they filter CO2 while they're at it! Swamp biome doesn't have a huge amount of algae, but as long as you've been saving some, seems like the best early choice for rockets.

1 hour ago, Heathy said:

I found it to be too weak for the smaller cockpit; my dupes would just idle inside and suck up all the oxygen I was putting in, filling it with CO2 in the process :D Hoping for some more rocket-orientated buildings for life support in the release

Diver's Lungs would probably be a good trait to look for in prospective astronauts.

18 hours ago, Beowulfe said:

Algae Terrariums are much better - no power required and they filter CO2 while they're at it! Swamp biome doesn't have a huge amount of algae, but as long as you've been saving some, seems like the best early choice for rockets.

Not for me, 
Give off polluted water which can off gas. I'd rather deal with the Co2 then that. Plus Algae's in short supply for me. 

Note this is only for my first few rockets, I move this set up soon as I can:

unknown (2).png

1 hour ago, LiveActionPixel said:

Not for me, 
Give off polluted water which can off gas. I'd rather deal with the Co2 then that. Plus Algae's in short supply for me. 

Note this is only for my first few rockets, I move this set up soon as I can:

unknown (2).png

Polluted Oxygen is breathable, it doesn't cause any significant problems, whereas CO2 is not, but I suppose to each their own. :)

Note that you can even just drop food and oxylite on the floor for a minimal set-up. You may even be able to do without or minimal food for a small rocket, as you will be travelling just a small mumber of cycles. My first set-up had algae-based oxygen creation, a hamster wheel, and food in a fridge upstairs. The oxygen production was needed, for food, taking 2000kcal would probably have been enough. No outhouse or toilet needed, my pilot was Meep who is obviously experienced with this situation.

Archived