Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

jardaxiiiiik

Ranged Weapon Class - easy to make!

Hello everyone.

Are you tired of hard usage of melee weapons? I'm too. And I have many great ideas how to improve the game but now I want to talk about ranged weapons.

look at this:

DARTS:

Darts have very difficult crafting but deal heavy damage. I think darts should have easier crafting (1 rock and 1 reeds for 20 darts) but lower damage (20). Just this adjustment would make them more popular to use and higher weapon diversity (rather than melee).

BOOMERANG:

I don't say it has no uses. But it does 27 damage over like 5 seconds (compare it to damage to Wolfgang fist which is 20 in half second). Please I really think it would be better to change Boomerang's damage to 100 and no or very small self-damage. Also the crafting should be easyer for this weapon (1 log; 1 rope; 1 chaircoal).

Just by these changes the game would get a funcional working ranged class. If Klei made Seedshells craftable (via broken shell and seeds) there would be three weapons.

Just like that.

- Be well

18 hours ago, JosePapp said:

After careful consideration, i think the game just isn't balanced for ranged play. Most mobs are defenseless from a distance, so it's a bit hard to pull off ranged combat.

The game is imbalanced already. Player is superior over mobs so why the hack don't let new players to have a ranged weapon against enemies they cannot kite? (still you have higher damage with a ham-bat than with darts or boomerang!!!)

4 hours ago, jardaxiiiiik said:

The game is imbalanced already. Player is superior over mobs so why the hack don't let new players to have a ranged weapon against enemies they cannot kite? (still you have higher damage with a ham-bat than with darts or boomerang!!!)

Because you do damage from a safe distance. 0 risk

Blow and canary darts are already op (so grindy) because of being able to do free damage

For that klei made walters sligshot with weak dps

i love ranged weapons i use gun mod always, but dst is very unbalanced for ranged weapon cause you can stunlock things if you are far enough to death and lot of people shoot them i think can even happen with normal blowdart in pure vanilla game maybe too so yea very unbalanced lol

On 12/1/2020 at 7:00 AM, JosePapp said:

After careful consideration, i think the game just isn't balanced for ranged play. Most mobs are defenseless from a distance, so it's a bit hard to pull off ranged combat.

Doesn’t mean it will ALWAYS be this way.. 

Hamlet had quite a few ranged mobs with unique attacks- and since Fishing and Farming already got a massive overhaul, I don’t think Enemy A.I., Combat & Ranged Combat are off the list for Overhauls.

I would like for the boomerang to be more useful, maybe having a higher tier version crafted out of Driftwood or something.. Walter is a ranged combat character so obviously Klei is dabbling into that area a bit and like I said if more overhauls are on the way this would be something I’d like to see expanded upon.

23 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Because you do damage from a safe distance. 0 risk

Blow and canary darts are already op (so grindy) because of being able to do free damage

For that klei made walters sligshot with weak dps

And I ask you. Would you use 20 damage darts against spiders instead of hambat with 59 damage?

Or a boomerang with 100 damage (with 20 dps) against Clockwork Bishop or knight instead of 60 dmg tentacle spike?

No you would not. But weaker players could because they cannot kite. Whole point. Less DPS but a chance to kill something.

Nothing OP. Nothing such stupid but a new way to fight. Good huh?

22 hours ago, Well-met said:

No.

There are plenty of mods for this however

I believe there are lot of mods. So do you thing Klei should stop making updates? Moders can make mods and no one need to care about the core game. Everyone happy?

22 hours ago, stranger again said:

ranged weapons huh?

thats a no from me 

DS/DST is really not the game for ranged weapons and the ones that are in the game are really good if mass produced(expect boomerang)

Hi again.

I ask again. Would you use Ham bat with 59 damage or a dart with 20?

Or boomerang with 100 but 5 second cooldown? Calculate man. Be a mathematician!

Anyway. Why you think the game is not made for ranged weapons while there are ranged weapons in it? What a paradox... Just they are unused because they are too resource heavy with high damage or deal low damage. Look at fire staff for example. Its really great weapon and I could have min 2 at day 10 (because of dragonfly or grave). But I don't want to make one because I can have hambat with 59 damage and pretty much free. What a weapon balance huh?

Darts are practicaly unproductable so why make them? You have hambat against everything.

The ranged weapons are not a thing and they are not efficient. But they could.

13 hours ago, --- -.- said:

i love ranged weapons i use gun mod always, but dst is very unbalanced for ranged weapon cause you can stunlock things if you are far enough to death and lot of people shoot them i think can even happen with normal blowdart in pure vanilla game maybe too so yea very unbalanced lol

This is finaly a good one. Thank you. So stunlock and lot of players... Yes. I would remove it's stun efect but only on darts. Boomerang is fine. This is good to mention. Othervise it would be stupidly OP. I agree. 

You can shoot around 3 darts/second. Very broken. Klei could make darts take longer to fire instead of changing the stun lock.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would like for the boomerang to be more useful, maybe having a higher tier version crafted out of Driftwood or something.. Walter is a ranged combat character so obviously Klei is dabbling into that area a bit and like I said if more overhauls are on the way this would be something I’d like to see expanded upon.

Yea. The boomerang should get buffed a bit. (I chose 100 damage to be useful on spiders at least). And I do not like to see new items when you can use this one. Just change it to be better. (only numbers). Today Boomerang DPS is about 7 per second. Not much.

- Be well

I play as Wendy.. and you may be thinking Abigail OP no challenge, but let me tell you there are times in Solo DS at least that Abigails flower dies in the worst of places and is hard to retrieve or craft a new one.

Why is this important? It takes Wendy exactly 4 hits with a common spear to kill a normal spider without Abigails help.

When it comes to DST Klei is making a lot of the Uncompromising aspects of DS Solo almost obsolete- no longer am I trying to recover lost Abigail flowers in the areas she died in, I can just resummon her endlessly (albeit with low health but still.)

I honestly don’t see how what the OP wants is so unreasonable- Wendy went from sometimes having to go it without Abigail to always being able to summon her infinitely..

Marble Armor and Rabbit Earmuffs become Cheaper/Easier to craft Pretty sure some increased Boomerang damage isn’t going to completely break the game.

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I play as Wendy.. and you may be thinking Abigail OP no challenge, but let me tell you there are times in Solo DS at least that Abigails flower dies in the worst of places and is hard to retrieve or craft a new one.

Why is this important? It takes Wendy exactly 4 hits with a common spear to kill a normal spider without Abigails help.

When it comes to DST Klei is making a lot of the Uncompromising aspects of DS Solo almost obsolete- no longer am I trying to recover lost Abigail flowers in the areas she died in, I can just resummon her endlessly (albeit with low health but still.)

I honestly don’t see how what the OP wants is so unreasonable- Wendy went from sometimes having to go it without Abigail to always being able to summon her infinitely..

Marble Armor and Rabbit Earmuffs become Cheaper/Easier to craft Pretty sure some increased Boomerang damage isn’t going to completely break the game.

this has literally nothing to do with the thread

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

this has literally nothing to do with the thread

My point was that if other areas of the game are becoming easier/ more easily accessible, why shouldn’t this?

Better yet why don’t Boomerangs do like they do in Ark and Stack in stacks of 10-20? I don’t think that would be OP considering that a single rock nets Walter tons of Ammo.. do you?

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

My point was that if other areas of the game are becoming easier/ more easily accessible, why shouldn’t this?

Better yet why don’t Boomerangs do like they do in Ark and Stack in stacks of 10-20? I don’t think that would be OP considering that a single rock nets Walter tons of Ammo.. do you?

because isnt good for a uncompromising survival sandobox game?

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because isnt good for a uncompromising survival sandobox game?

I don’t think being able to stack boomerangs in a single slot would be anymore broken then Walter stacking what was it again 60 rounds of pebbles/gold?

Klei may not do it because would step on Walter’s Toe’s but I for one would love a 5-10 stack on Boomerangs.

5 hours ago, jardaxiiiiik said:

Hi again.

awwwww you remembered me. thats so sweet

5 hours ago, jardaxiiiiik said:

i ask again. Would you use Ham bat with 59 damage or a dart with 20?

Or boomerang with 100 but 5 second cooldown? Calculate man. Be a mathematician!

ok so lets do the math 

you can hit an enemy 1 time every second if tanking(correct me if im wrong)so lets say i use a full fresh hambat 

mathematically in the time that you suggested with the boomerang i would be able to do 295 with a fully fresh hambat if tanking(if i did my math correctly) so even if the boomerang was buffed i still wouldn't use it 

1 hour ago, stranger again said:

so even if the boomerang was buffed i still wouldn't use it 

Exactly. Thank you. It wont be too OP but it would be better.
And... 100 damage from distance is good for players who don't know how to kite

@Mike23Ua Thank you for thinking about it.

@ArubaroBeefalo I understand why you don't want ranged class. And you are right. But the ranged class is already in game so why the hell don't make it little bit... In the game? (+ it won't break the game. Mission successful)

9 minutes ago, jardaxiiiiik said:

Exactly. Thank you. It wont be too OP but it would be better.
And... 100 damage from distance is good for players who don't know how to kite

@Mike23Ua Thank you for thinking about it.

@ArubaroBeefalo I understand why you don't want ranged class. And you are right. But the ranged class is already in game so why the hell don't make it little bit... In the game? (+ it won't break the game. Mission successful)

im not against it, i think walter was a good adition and i love to use ice staffs and ice staffs

im against having an easy way to make safe damage

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im not against it, i think walter was a good adition and i love to use ice staffs and ice staffs

im against having an easy way to make safe damage

Ok. I think we all know +40HP pierogi and 80% damage reduction football hat. But many people don't. Yes, of course it is safe damage but as a player who can kill Fuelweaver I don't think Health is such a problem. But lower players has this problem and so I want to show them the safe way and after they get bored killing a pig with 20 dmg Dart they can seek the ultimate Hambat and try to kite.

2 hours ago, jardaxiiiiik said:

Ok. I think we all know +40HP pierogi and 80% damage reduction football hat. But many people don't. Yes, of course it is safe damage but as a player who can kill Fuelweaver I don't think Health is such a problem. But lower players has this problem and so I want to show them the safe way and after they get bored killing a pig with 20 dmg Dart they can seek the ultimate Hambat and try to kite.

when i was noob i crafted many fire darts and blow darts to help me in the fight so i think, as a support damage, they are pretty good

10 darts is 1000 damage and deerclops have 4000

10 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

when i was noob i crafted many fire darts and blow darts to help me in the fight so i think, as a support damage, they are pretty good

10 darts is 1000 damage and deerclops have 4000

Really? When I was a noob I couldn't kill 3 hounds. And the tooths are rare (12.5% chance to drop). I was not able to obtain the darts so I was trying to kill things with melee. And I got better.

If you are noob you need to kill 8 hounds to get one dart. My easyer crafting recipe would allow noobs to get darts before any combat and so players could kill hounds for tooth traps or anytging. You cannot get darts when you cannot kill hounds - And I think you was better noob than most noobs.

3 hours ago, jardaxiiiiik said:

Really? When I was a noob I couldn't kill 3 hounds. And the tooths are rare (12.5% chance to drop). I was not able to obtain the darts so I was trying to kill things with melee. And I got better.

If you are noob you need to kill 8 hounds to get one dart. My easyer crafting recipe would allow noobs to get darts before any combat and so players could kill hounds for tooth traps or anytging. You cannot get darts when you cannot kill hounds - And I think you was better noob than most noobs.

Traps are a thing

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Traps are a thing

Yeah. This is how noobs could make traps to defend against hounds. Great, Isn't it?... Anyway. I think hounds should drop more tooth - 12.5% is really low. But that's different story...
  Do you agree with me on the boomerangs and darts now or not?

(darts with 20 damage but players could make them with reeds and flints - easy to make but not free. Reeds are near tentacles. The point is to make darts and boomerangs a new playable class. Just by fliping few numbers. Nice balance, usefull, and not broken. And easy to programm)