My feedback and possible suggestion on the new bunnyman drop table

The recent change nerfed drop table of bunnyman to reduce the “overpowerness” of bunnyman farms and make players to consider to use different long-term sources of food like the new gardening. I think that this change was needed regardless of the new content and I like it.

However, what I don’t like is that now it is almost pointless to kill a bunnyman by yourself.  Whenever I was roaming in the caves, from time to time I bypassed those “lonely bunny hutches” and that meant at least two carrots that could help me on my way through the caves. Now knowing that it can drop only one bunny puff… it is simply not worth the trouble.

My suggestion is:

Make it that the old drop table is applied only when the bunnyman is killed by a player. Apply the new one when the bunnyman is killed in any other way including catapult or other bunnymen.

This way killing a bunnyman by yourself stays rewarding and will not cause mass-production of food by using cheap methods.

19 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

suggest that you just hammer the bunny houses if you need a quick bite in the caves

Yes, I agree with you, but this is not my point. My point is that it feels no longer rewarding to kill a bunnyman by yourself. Why would I hammer down a source of food that respawns every day for only five carrots?

After all, we are talking about a bunnyman, the mob that does 40 damage, has 200 health points, health regen, can flee and attacks in groups. I know it is not THAT hard to kill a bunnyman but at least you are risking something and making some effort when trying to kill it. It will no longer be worth of the trouble knowing that you can get only one carrot or bunny puff instead of the meat. The main reason why this nerf is about to get implanted is because how easy it is to build a big fenced farm with catapults. If it stays unchanged it will completely destroy the motivation to occasionally kill a bunnyman when you bypass them, and I don’t think that it should serve as a thing that you can hammer for five carrots.

21 minutes ago, stranger again said:

but what about abigail?

With Abigail you are risking that she can get killed so I would use the old drop table for her.

21 minutes ago, stranger again said:

or what about taming them and making them have a bunnyman war?

As I have written: “Apply the new one when the bunnyman is killed in any other way including catapult or other bunnymen.”

The bunnyman war method I consider as cheap as catapult method, so I would use the new drop table here.

9 minutes ago, Spearowgilly said:

How I think it should be:

100% - 1 carrot

25% - 1 bunnybuff / 75% - 1 meat

This is also good alternative.

Archived