A mud geyser would be nice

I like the addition of mud into the game - it's an interesting source of water and dirt. It would be neat if we had some sort of mud geyser though - something to slush more of this stuff around to perhaps be an alternative, renewable water source for the Swamp biome. Might be interesting to have something that shoots out solid chunks that slowly bury it and you have to say, use auto-excavators to keep harvesting it or do a lot of digging, etc.

I feel dirt is already kind of overabundant, and a mud geyser would be one of those geyser i would want to deal with. What would you do with all the dirt afterwards ? We have no good way of disposing of dirt, i mean we have load of ways, but they all amount in g/s and you'd be getting a somethin g like a volcano erruption of 100-500kg of material

3 hours ago, nehio said:

I feel dirt is already kind of overabundant, and a mud geyser would be one of those geyser i would want to deal with. What would you do with all the dirt afterwards ? We have no good way of disposing of dirt, i mean we have load of ways, but they all amount in g/s and you'd be getting a somethin g like a volcano erruption of 100-500kg of material

If the Devs go this route, a geyser like this could cough up as much or as little as they'd like, they don't have to be limited to what other geysers have done.  More to the point, if the geyser spits out whole blocks this would quickly plug it up, thus solving the 'too much' mud issue.  If you don't need the mud, let it clog its self and leave it - if you do need the mud/water, then you'll want to/have to dig it out constantly.  Would make a great use of the robo-miners that get almost no use outside of meteor cleanup.

I suggest a muddy water geyser. It would be like polluted water, without the off-gassing. Passing muddy water through a water sieve could yield mud as a byproduct. This would create an extra step of refinement to extract all the potential clean water (using the sludge press), but also yield dirt as compensation for the extra dupe labor. 

On 11/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, nehio said:

Some plants require dirt, like Sleet Wheat, Arbor Trees, etc. It would be nice to be able to farm them sustainably with the geysers - a mud-powered Sleet Wheat farm would be nice.

And I know you can farm "wild" plants without needing to give them anything, but sometimes you want to do things in a simple fashion.

Archived