New farms look good but is not the way to implement them

I really liked the look of the new farms and their animations but I don't think making farms dependent on player care is a good thing.

I don't like taking care of plants.

The old farms, although they were much simpler and consumed many resources, were automatic, you just planted something and it grew. The watering system seems a bit tedious, having to water every day does not adjust to the DST rate which is not wasting time. Maybe a sprinkler would fix the problem? I have not tested if the Flingomatics serve as automatic showers, but 2 gears and constant refuel is a bit expensive for what you get

Conclusion:
We need the plants to turn against us so we have plant enemies that can give leafy meat and living logs and things like that, a set of giant bosses that grow from the farm to finish you off sounds fun and exciting

How? I don't know, I just think about things that I think are cool hehe

Edit:
Wait i got an idea!

You can provoke the plants that are already in their harvest stage so that 3 become bosses depending on his plant kind

Asparagus: Fires asparagus missiles!!
And the others I have nothing in mind, I only thought of the asparagus
Maybe onion can make you cry and get wetness and lose a lot of sanity?

A strange fertilizer could provoke the bosses, so that people who do not wish to fight can have their peaceful farms. Perhaps the difficulty of these is more challenging compared to a treeguard because they could be provoked when the player wanted and that would make them farmable.

Edit 2:
After spending some time researching the new farms, it is true that they have improved considerably, they are much more fun and economical. The irrigation system is possibly the only problem that currently exists but it gives a more realistic touch to the game (Just think of the crop rotation system, it is great and very smart!) A sprinkler would solve the problem and everyone is happy with this great update.

Aggressive garden:
As I mentioned before, the idea of your own crops turning against you is interesting, I had not seen the vines that come out when trying to harvest the plants that have not been taken care of properly, or the lord of the fruit flies, but once I saw them in play I loved the design!

The update is good, only a few adjustments are needed. It is not a really significant change to the production of the farms, but it certainly makes it more dynamic, fun and the game feels even more alive.

I am sure that is the goal of klei currently, to make DST feel like a game with a living universe!

I agree with all u said in the first paragraph, old farms took lots of resourses to be made, but were automatic. Indeed the reward do not compensates the time wasted. Even more that I've always been playing solo and don't have another person to help me gather resources.

12 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I love the new farms but I can see some people not like doing to things manually so some automatic science machines like a sprinkler or whatever I think would be good

Yeah they are great! sprinklers or even a fertilizer that reduces lost water like in Stardew Valley would increase the quality of the player experience regarding farms. Maybe they should also increase the amount of crops produced by them.

I'm sure some people really liked the update, my friend Sara loves to play DST and SV so with this update it's like having 2 cool games in 1!

You dont need to take care of them

They only thing you must do is to make the hole, plant the seed and wait

After that you have a 100% chance of fruit+seed (so you can have 2 seeds per 1 not like before)

If you take care of the plant this number can increase 

At the end the new farms are cheaper to do and waste less time saince you dont have to feed the bird without food if you dont want extra seeds

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You dont need to take care of them

They only thing you must do is to make the hole, plant the seed and wait

After that you have a 100% chance of fruit+seed (so you can have 2 seeds per 1 not like before)

If you take care of the plant this number can increase 

I didn't know about that, thanks for the information!

Archived