Cannot install DLC despite being selected for alpha

Yesterday at about 5:00 PM PST, I received an email informing me that i had been accepted for the alpha and about 10 minutes ago I checked my steam account to see the dlc's alpha having been added to my account. I tried launching the game shortly after only to realize it hadn't actually installed and after checking to make sure the dlc was checked in the dlc tab for the game, I realized steam wasn't downloading it due to "missing file privileges" and i was wondering what might cause this issue.

EDIT: quick reinstall seemed to fix it, not getting an error about the file privileges

missing.png

Looks like some user restrictions. Does your administrator (parents) blocked installing any games on computer? And for seroius check you install folder against any issue with user privileges or maybe some files have modify/delete restriction flag.

1 hour ago, Tofiel said:

Looks like some user restrictions. Does your administrator (parents) blocked installing any games on computer? And for seroius check you install folder against any issue with user privileges or maybe some files have modify/delete restriction flag.

It's not an admin issue as I am the admin on my computer, I'll try seeing if my antivirus is causing issues but I think it's unlikely as it's never caused issues with steam before

Archived