The Playstation 5 Experience

Has been nothing but amazing for me so far! If you're a long term Don't Starve fan.. it is completely worth trying it out on a PS5 system.

It looks better, runs smoother, no lag that I have experienced yet, loads twice as fast too!!!

Speed Test Results:

PS4 Standard Internal HDD:
MAIN MENU: 45SEC
SERVER LOAD: 56SEC
DISCONNECT/MAIN MENU: 11SEC
NEW WORLD GEN: 45SEC

PS5 External HDD:
MAIN MENU: 20SEC
SERVER LOAD: 39SEC
DISCONNECT/MAIN MENU: 5SEC
NEW WORLD GEN: 22SEC

PS5 INTERNAL SSD:
MAIN MENU: 9SEC
SERVER LOAD: 19SEC
DISCONNECT/MAIN MENU: 7SEC
NEW WORLD GEN: 20SEC
ROLLBACK: 7SEC

Man, I didn't consider the additional world hosting powers the PS5 would have. My main reason for not immediately getting it was not having any games I NEEDED to play on it right now, but smooth DST gameplay in a highly developed world is something I need. Looks like I'm getting a PS5 sooner than I thought!

Thanks for this! But I hoped it would smooth out gameplay on worlds above 1000 days count. I can't have ANY mob running around my base when another player is there with me. The lag is immense and some disconnects happen with frequency too. I don't care about loading times, I wanna know how it can handle the frames when too much stuff is happening on or off screen.

13 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Man, I didn't consider the additional world hosting powers the PS5 would have. My main reason for not immediately getting it was not having any games I NEEDED to play on it right now, but smooth DST gameplay in a highly developed world is something I need. Looks like I'm getting a PS5 sooner than I thought!

I can't even imagine how Hamton lags when you have visitors man. How old is your world again? I can't wait to have my ps5 just for don't starve together. 60 fps is something I dreamed consoles to achieve for so long!

2 hours ago, Kur0u said:

I can't even imagine how Hamton lags when you have visitors man. How old is your world again?

lol 6620+ days I believe (I haven't been on all week. Damn Hollow Knight) but it's not as bad as you'd think. If even one person has a bad connection it's unplayable for everyone. Generally it's okay with most players but everything moves slower. IF every one that joined has a strong connection, and is in the Central US then gameplay is actually pretty smooth. 

5 hours ago, Cailu95 said:

@ViCiOuS-V. As you can already test the game on PS5 could you tell us if it is possible to migrate SAVE from PS4 with our world to PS5 via the cloud?  I did not find any positioning of Klei regarding the transition of the saved data.

You are able to use your existing save from the PS4 onto the PS5 via Cloud Storage or transferring it via USB Storage Device.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:48 AM, Marcin86 said:

Looks nice. Can you by any chance record split screen as well?

Do you mean like a speed test or if we are able to record split-screen in general? It also runs smoothly on split-screen.

Video:

https://twitter.com/viciousvtm/status/1329133107451207682?s=20

14 hours ago, ViCiOuS-V. said:

You are able to use your existing save from the PS4 onto the PS5 via Cloud Storage or transferring it via USB Storage Device.

This is great news, thanks for sharing this information with us.  I must admit that I am now more motivated to migrate to the new generation.

:wickerbottomthanks:

On 11/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, ViCiOuS-V. said:

Do you mean like a speed test or if we are able to record split-screen in general? It also runs smoothly on split-screen.

Video:

https://twitter.com/viciousvtm/status/1329133107451207682?s=20

Ty for the link and the respond. By splitcreen i was wondering how does the game work in general, but also are there any lags and delays. For example on ps4 pro when i run close to player 2 its common that both sides of the screen shows different positions of the heroes - on one part i'm in front, on second i'm not. So then in a fight avoiding an attack etc happens to be problematic especially with several hounds, bees etc cause one of the players has image acurate to the server, but one has delayed picture even though game is running smoothly - not sure if i wrote it properly

On 11/17/2020 at 1:29 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

My main reason for not immediately getting it was not having any games I NEEDED to play on it right now

Like you would just waltz in your retail and buy a ps5 ? lmao  the 1st reason is only a small percentage  of people can get them the next one is scalpers bought most up.

I have ps5 and ps4P  with DST . Im  trying to play DST on ps5 with my main psn account and invite  another person playing on my ps4 with their psn account  to my ps5 DST game  but the PS5 keeps telling me I need to have multiplayer games in order to invite people . 

1 hour ago, omegamale said:

I have ps5 and ps4P  with DST . Im  trying to play DST on ps5 with my main psn account and invite  another person playing on my ps4 with their psn account  to my ps5 DST game  but the PS5 keeps telling me I need to have multiplayer games in order to invite people . 

Uh oh, that would put a wrench in my plans if PS5 players can't play with PS4 players for DST. Hopefully this isn't the case. 

6 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Uh oh, that would put a wrench in my plans if PS5 players can't play with PS4 players for DST. Hopefully this isn't the case. 

I think thats not the case as  i can see host rooms that have been alive for days . I think this is a sony system issue. Where before you can join a game from the party chat or clicking on profiles..etc , though it seems a work around is to create a host world and have your friends join by the server. path in game. <<< I havent test this but logically should work.  will try it out after lunch.

Archived