Marble Block materials

Okay, I know this is pedantic, but the geologist in me is aching... I was building a Marble Block and my material options were Granite or Obsidian, since they're categorized as Precious Rock. These are both of igneous origin, whereas natural marble comes from sedimentary sources (primarily limestone). In this sense, strictly speaking, it would make more sense to build Marble Block out of Sandstone or Sedimentary Rock. Mechanically speaking, on the other hand, the building should probably still accept Precious Rock as it currently does. Perhaps call it something other than Marble Block... Might I suggest Spiffy Stone Block?

marble.png

3 hours ago, pether said:

Isn't marble block a modded piece? If so, I believe this isn't a right place for feedback for it

Marble block is in the base game. It always seemed weird since marble isn`t a rock you can actually mine and is instead build out of granite which doesn`t make much sense. Marble is a metamorphic rock iirc so basically sedimentary rock affected by extreme pressure and temperature. It would be pretty cool if there was a new biome in the dlc that included marble and it had a high decor value.

Marble as a raw mineral makes sense to me, but finding a place to put it is the tricky part.  They existing biomes are already quite busy, and the existing asteroids are already balanced.  Of course, with the upcoming DLC, they could always have a remote asteroid with plenty of marble, making marble a mid- or late-game goal for optimizing decor.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, pether said:

Isn't marble block a modded piece? If so, I believe this isn't a right place for feedback for it

I loved the look of the marble tile.  I have no idea why they removed it from the game.

Archived