An error of the map

Hi everyone! 

One of my friends has this ugly problem of the map since (if i remember correctly) Turn of Tides update. 

We waited Klei for their hotfix updates and sometimes the problem went away! ....... but then returned or even worse. I told him that we need to report this bug because it's extremely annoying to see the map as you see in the screenshoot, so here i am. Did somebody already encounter this bug and fixed it? Or you know some way to report this bug directly to Klei? 

errore.png

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

Oh wow, one of my friends actually has this bug occur to him ocassionally( @Electroely ), I'm not sure if he was able to fix it but he may be able to help you? I dont know anyone else who has encountered this bug.

Thx for the help, how can i contact @Electroely ?

23 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I dont know if you are using mods or not...

but what is up with that lunar island?? thats the most bumpy lunar island I have ever seen!!

Our mods are: Faster picker, Allied Wall, No More Gekkos

Thanks for the compliments to our lunar island! xD  Our world is 3 years old, so when updates comes , we never pay attentions to all the funkiness about generations,bugs or others. For example, in the last update one of us run straigh ahead in the forest and found 2 skittersquids, then 5, then 8, 12, 16, 25, 34..... they were multipling as a giant army ( counted almost 50 in his live), went into the ocean and disappear......maybe worshipping  a Don't Starve Cthulhu?

I guess we can create now a cult in the file about the bumpiness of the lunar island :yaypigs:

Yeah, I've had this bug a lot. It's really, really annoying. I haven't met anyone else that had it and noticed that it doesn't happen on computers other than this one I'm using, even with the same exact save file. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the hardware we have...

Anyways, I noticed that it temporarily goes away when you exit and re-enter caves. I had made a mod that adds a console command to kind of simulate that, since I've tried reporting this bug to the bug tracker but didn't get any response.

I'll send you the mod in case you need it. In-game, it's called "Super Secret Server-Only Mod" and you use it by typing "fixmap()" into the console you open by pressing the `/~ key. I'd recommend making a backup of the world before using it in case things go wrong with it, somehow.

Map Fixer.zip

9 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

is the issue happening for just you or all other players on the server?
If its just you, you may want to look into the client mods, if its everyone, then I have no clue :P

No, just my friend AND.....

14 hours ago, Electroely said:

Yeah, I've had this bug a lot. It's really, really annoying. I haven't met anyone else that had it and noticed that it doesn't happen on computers other than this one I'm using, even with the same exact save file. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the hardware we have...

Anyways, I noticed that it temporarily goes away when you exit and re-enter caves. I had made a mod that adds a console command to kind of simulate that, since I've tried reporting this bug to the bug tracker but didn't get any response.

I'll send you the mod in case you need it. In-game, it's called "Super Secret Server-Only Mod" and you use it by typing "fixmap()" into the console you open by pressing the `/~ key. I'd recommend making a backup of the world before using it in case things go wrong with it, somehow.

Map Fixer.zip 1.02 kB · 1 download

he told me that even on others computers it happens,  that it doesn't leave when you re-enter or exit caves and we changed host on the same save file but the bug still remains. As times goes on, the black barrier became bigger on the screen  o.o

P.s Only ONE time the bug went away exiting or re-entering caves and the first time appeared exactly re-entering or exiting caves! 

Archived