Is Rime restricted from getting niobium?

I've researched each planet with the telescope, but none of the planets are Helium Giants, and it seems like Helium Giants are the only planet to have Niobium. I do have 3 gas giants however.

I have sent research rockets to all planets to 50k so far and I've got several deposits of fullerene and isoresin, but no niobium so far

20201101214326_1.jpg

20201101214332_1.jpg

20201101214337_1.jpg

20201101214342_1.jpg

I'm playing Rime and have several non-Helium Giant planets with Niobium. So far with every game I've played I have found that you always get two Carbon Asteroids at 10,000km - one always has Niobium, the other always has Isoresin.  Have you checked them both?

Space is a game of chance at this time, unfortunately. You are not assured to have everything in there. One of its limitations. 

So, for example, you may not get chlorine and you may not have a chlorine geyser in addition, making chlorine a limited resource. The same can happen with other things.

IMO, one thing the DLC should assure that you can get any material or make any material after having explored space, also for the base game.

8 hours ago, ExEvolution said:

I've researched each planet with the telescope

You have to research them with rockets, to discover their secret resources. Apparently you did in your first planet, you have to do the same in all of them.
You have 3 gas giants. My advice is to research only one of the secret resources. If it happens to be niobium, it's jackpot. Do not research any further, send rockets with (solid) cargo bays only, they'll come back full of niobium (1t each). Cargo modules (for solids) ignore gasses and ignore undiscovered resources, leaving them one option: niobium. Do the same with all 3 gas giants, even after you found niobium. Maybe the next one is isoresin (2nd jackpot).

I'll keep sending rockets then, it's not like I couldn't reach the temporal tear or anything, isoresin and even fullerene are pretty abundant for me in the first 50k and I've already got liquid O2 and H2 production, I'm just limited on high temperature builds, which don't seem necessary to complete the game

Archived