Enable/Disable Return of Themand Character Refreshes

Hello, this thread is directly addressed to klei with a feature I would enjoy having in the game.

Many Quality of Life Updates were released for the game in the past few months, features like: always enabled caves when generating worlds, retrofitted caves to old worlds, crafting recipe changes to older items, and new settings for old features. Features that enable generally customizability

Seeing that the game sees its 2nd DLC size content updates + new characters and refreshes to old ones, I would like to have the ability to choose between having the new content in my game or not, the nostalgia from the old game would really be welcomed, alongside with the old ocean, old autumn music, old characters, things like that.

With that being said I wish you would be able to reinstate the old game via an option when creating a new world. Thanks a lot!

Yes, I keep saying how it could & should be implemented into the game but no one wants to give the suggestion the light of day..  there are options to host worlds as Together or Classic but currently that option doesn’t seem to do anything except remove some of the totally optional boss biomes like Dragonfly’s desert- I wish Klei would let us host worlds as Classic with classic character playstyles & cardboard cosmetic ocean, or as Together, with sailable ocean & all the new Rework/Return of Them stuffs.

I'm going to assume this is translated from chinese because "threatening klei" sounds hilarious.

No, choosing to delete RoT is not an option I'm afraid. You'll have to play DS1.

I don't believe caves are forced on every world either.

I would really appreciate Klei giving us the option/ability to play the characters as they were originally. It'd be great for the player base (especially those newer to the game) to be able to play them and understand how the original characters differed from the reworked ones. It would also allow those who miss the original iteration of the character to be able to revisit and play as them at will. That would be truly fantastic.

It's b/c of this I've started keeping a copy of the game after every patch. I extremely regret not having access to the version of the game that contained the most up-to-date files for the original Woodie (so the patch immediately preceding the Woodie rework). Not having that as a reference for potentially being able to return to playing the pre-reworked version of Woodie makes me very sad. :*(

Archived