image.thumb.png.4666006ca529a1019b99d951340ab0bf.png

BOGTOBER™ HAS BEGUN.

So we might have started an impromptu Community Challenge over on the fan Discord...
I have the details below for the thread, but check out the site for the prompts and links!

Know that this is a casual challenge for fun, and that it's fan-made! 
⚠ (Bogtober & the fan Discord server are not affiliated with Klei) ⚠ 

How Do I Participate?

• Anything you make that's Griftlands-related counts! It doesn't have to be spooky™.
    (There are no "required" prompts, even the main theme is just to kick things off if you want a place to start!).
  • Share what you make here in the thread and/or on social media. All mediums and skill levels are welcome!

Just be sure to tag your creations with #Bogtober and #Griftlands! :D 

Other Useful Stuff on the site!

• Custom Prompt Generator!
    (Don't worry about the text crammed together it's just like that™)
    • Each column is its own separate generator (so you do not have to combine them all don't worry LOL)
    • The prompt will display above so you can read it, just hit the buttons underneath the prompt.
    • When the prompt says [Character], just use whatever Grifter, NPC, or original character you'd like! The Character spinner's not required.
    • There's 150+ prompts, so here's a few favorites :D 
      • Character(s) of your choice in a Halloween costume that was NOT their idea. 
      • Griftlands, where everything is the same except all weapons are replaced with ____.
      • "Are there supposed to be that many teeth?"
      • (loads gun) "The bar's haunted."
  • Other Generators and Tools!
    • Everything from Color Palette Generators and more prompts, to hilarious stock photos of muscular dudes.
  • A link to the Fan Discord!
    • Invite link posted below as well:
      Spoiler

(DISCLAIMER:

• Again, please note that the fan Discord is unofficial and not affiliated with Klei in any way.
      • We try to keep things PG-13, but please know that by nature of it being unofficial and outside of the forums, it may contain more mature content than what is discussed in the Klei Forum Guidelines. Please bear this in mind if you join!
      • And vice versa, the Discord and other social media platforms have their own rules on content - but just make sure when coming back here to post in this thread that you don't violate the Forum Guidelines!
      • Griftlands Fan Discord:

[ QUICK NOTE ON CONTENT ]

(I'd love for any devs to chime in and clarify as far as potentially disturbing content goes, since I double-checked and it seems like the guidelines don't technically specify anything on that front?)

Even if devs don't weigh in on this topic & the guidelines don't explicitly say it, just be mindful of what you post here!

"Parasites" being a big thing means body horror/blood will obviously come into play & shouldn't break any rules by default - but if you make something far more graphic/gory/realistic than the game portrays parasites, maybe consider putting that in a spoiler tag

So here too I'll post what i have for #bogtober so far.

Concepts for a variant of kra'deshi, inspired by poison dart frogs, as well as what their feral ancestors could've looked like. And two pictures concerning the Bog Parasite. Having a bit of a changed look on shrokes, as their physiology is different and therefore other strands of the parasite are more dominant. In this case: fungi.

bogtoberKraFroggy.thumb.png.6bd34627e79e03442391317c580c732e.png

Spoiler

Bogtober1.thumb.png.718fbb4a4e3e3623b985725d0f945209.pngBogtober2.thumb.png.750e5092483c5aab01689bcf2181bd73.png

These look amazing @FruitShake & @onetinybee I'm in awe!! <3

I should finally post the stuff I've been working on myself here as well -

Been thinking about the concept of a parasite that infects kra'deshi specifically - and the possible consequences if the Cult interpreted it as a "gift" from Hesh...

(CW// Body Horror)

Spoiler

Archived