So... This is a thing?

Yes, but that leaves it very much manual. The challenging part is designing it in a click-and-forget manner. 

Then automate a Algae Terrarium farm like me, and push the bottle into a collection room to prevent unwanted cross contamination.
I use this bad boy in all my bases.

2020-01-13_203534.jpg

@nakomaru: I would guess that the reserve tank in the V2 Claymator is there to prevent anything other than the selected liquid that's being used for the bypass pump. Because I'd otherwise just use the same polluted water line for this (which should be filtered on account of me being paranoid)... and the safety bridge to capture any overflow from the top vent can be kept with an empty segment of pipe.

This last segment should never happen to receive any traffic so I'd add in an automated notifier for just that part of the piping... (I believe that the automated notifier was added to the game after the V2 came to be)

@JRup The reservoir is a closed loop used to drive the bypass. It doesn't matter what combination of liquids you use as long as it's not equal to or heavier than your bypass sealant (crude oil in my case). You could use the input PW, however you might not always be pumping in more and more PW, so the pump would turn off in that case.

The safety bridge will be used once the top zone goes above 1T of PO2 per tile. It's needed to prevent the top vent from accumulating more than 10g while over pressure, which will break the system on next vent. I recommend simply recycling it. Even if you remove the reservoir, you can just have a closed loop which is topped off with a bridge from your input.

This won't break, but will turn off if the top loop ever runs out of liquid, and gracefully resume if you add more again. The 8 segments shown here should only need to be refilled after 1333 cycles of uptime.

image.thumb.png.48f056e7a5878465cf1828cc6c8f33c6.png

You definitely want to be sure that the input only ever going to be PW.

@nakomaru Thank you, I tend to forget the 1T ambient gas limitation of liquid vents. Which is totally a thing when it comes to using a vent to supply a bypass pump.
This build tends to be as compact as it comes. I guess the only way to avoid the 1T limitation is to slap a door compressor next to it... Simplicity would go out the window at that moment.

51 minutes ago, JRup said:

I guess the only way to avoid the 1T limitation is to slap a door compressor next to it... Simplicity would go out the window at that moment.

Not the only way, but not much to gain by going over 1T here.

tMKQ1STv4d.thumb.gif.dc0c94519768ff0787f20c95b769f0d3.gif

48 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

Not the only way, but not much to gain by going over 1T here.

I would call it a win for the folks that want to conserve mass as the 10g of water used to drive the bypass pump are not eliminated the way a 0.1 drip would.

Poopin' puft heaven.

Archived