More suggestions for the next QoL update

I must say that coming after 2 years back into the game, it has been a really enjoyable to see our suggestions finally make it into vanilla. Now, there are still some things I would love to see implemented and if you also have some ideas on your own feel free to add them bellow. Remember to keep you comments focused and friendly. Ty :)

I already mentioned some of them in two posts from the last QoL update. I'm adding the list in text for anyways with some extra ideas:

- Pls Klei.. Geo Placement as Vanilla... pls... I admire my poor console dudes... I salute your courage!!

- Pls add an option to disable twiggy trees spawning in long standing worlds.. they overtake your base even if you have close structures... it's such a pain for people that like to have some little green areas in between the megabase

- For builders:

• Pls rebalance cobblestones. Building in this game is pretty grindy and I would love if the cobblestone recipe gave more than 1. It feels really expensive, same goes for carpet flooring
  • Pls add nice looking Marble Walls and fix the rough pointy looking top ends of Moonrock walls. They are kinda expensive to look so jagged
  • Pls add more turf and wall types in general.

- Pls allow lazy forager to be refuelable and add a bit more durability. As with the Magiluminescence, items that have good recipes and can be refueled (specially things that need to be crafted in the ruins... u know it's a travel to get there) encourage to actually make more use of them. Managing inventory when u also need to craft the forager makes that people simply prioritize and don't really make them. U still have to carry them back instead of armor, walls, or other much more survival priority items like star callers, deconstructions staves, constructions amulets. I personally use the Magi a lot cuz ik I have to craft two in case of things happening and then I just need to take care of one with fuel. 

- Pls add a trash can. After a while,, you have just a lot of stuff that can't be destroyed by fire... a trash can really is a needed feature in long standing worlds (yes ik about lure plant)

- Pls add a structure you could place made out of one cratered moonrock, a gem, and a sort of pillar or base to use as color markers for wormholes.

- Pls add signs with icons u can see on the map for certain mobs like Beefalos, Moleworms, Bunnies, Volt Goats... I mean Ocuvigil is a bit too much when u just want to see the spot of boof herds in the night to quickly get the wool from one herd to the other or get some moleworms for moogles or guacamole

- Pls allow an option to inspect what's inside bundles or at least to "write" what's inside with a pencil.

Above all else, I just want a farming overhaul. I find myself not using certain crock pot dishes over others simply because of the strain of growing certain fruits and vegetables. If not an overhaul, then maybe a birdcage tweak? A guaranteed 2-3 seeds of the same type will always net you a gain in harvests while not altering too much, and would certainly be a welcome improvement.

28 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Above all else, I just want a farming overhaul. I find myself not using certain crock pot dishes over others simply because of the strain of growing certain fruits and vegetables. If not an overhaul, then maybe a birdcage tweak? A guaranteed 2-3 seeds of the same type will always net you a gain in harvests while not altering too much, and would certainly be a welcome improvement.

Do you have any concrete ideas regarding farms and how to improve them besides seed increase rate? Maybe a chance for double harvest in advance farms?

15 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I strongly agree with this. Right now you need at least 2 farms to gain 1 fruit each harvest. 2-3 seeds will allow you to be able to get 2 fruits every 3 plots which is much better

1 hour ago, Notecja said:

Some crops could stay in similar way to bushes, allowing to harvest them for few times before they "die".

what about making farming different for different crops? e.g tomatoes, potatoes, asparagus and peppers can yield 3 of their crops when harvested to encourage their use.

Archived