Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

NoscopeFelix

About cave banana trees.

I would really like to see cave banana trees be replantable in the caves, or even let them be brought up to the surface if you plant them on the turf they usually grow on and maybe build a roof over it to it’s not in the sun(idk). I just would love them becoming more useful (banana pop for life). What do you guys think.

Same as reeds, cactus, mushrooms, those are elements help you determine which corners of your maps are useful and how far you have to go to collect them, if these plants could be relocated, the worldgen would have not that much impact. :(

These trees aren't as important than the others plants but they sure give this mud biome an identity you cannot find anywhere else so it would make it completely bland if the banana exclusivity was removed.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:31 PM, Pootis Bird said:

maybe banana seeds that can be acquired by feeding bananas to a bird which can be planted in the caves? 

there should be a rare chance of getting the seeds for balance tho

I'd say this one or It being a Hallowed Nights experiment

I think the crafting recipe should be 3 cave bananas and 12 lichen

30 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i do plenty of caves stuff and bananas are exactly as good as they ought to be. they are just rarer berries and that is reflected in their numbers

idk if its me, but i dont find many banana trees that often. Maybe im just trash at the game. Still tho, i think they need a buff due to the fact that they're just discount berries

14 minutes ago, Pootis Bird said:

idk if its me, but i dont find many banana trees that often. Maybe im just trash at the game. Still tho, i think they need a buff due to the fact that they're just discount berries

well, they grow in village and ruin biomes so if you don't get much of those you might not see any, of course what do i know? i mess with my settings so that aboveground mushrooms are turned off and cave mushrooms are at max which does change the kinds of biomes generations i get. only playing on default is pretty droll

11 hours ago, Pootis Bird said:

1 bannana+ 1 ice+2 sticks and you get sanity and health. 3 bannas+1 stick and you get a good healing food. They are better than berries 

They are pretty well balanced imo. Its a good found of food, sanity and health but only in ruins