No planets / asteroids within 10000km

Hi there! It's my first time advancing a colony successfully past say 200 cycles and i'm very happy that i finally made it to the 'space age' of ONI! Until i opened up the calculator to see how much steam i needed to go to a planet 20000km away so i didn't waste any - and even with the lowest 'payload', i'm unable to reach space. After looking through the forums - it seems that the only solution is to debug in a more advanced engine. I really don't want to 'cheat' persay, so is there any way around this? Am i just missing something? Any help is amazing :)

20200823113907_1.jpg

20200823113937_1.jpg

I believe you're misreading the interface. The two blue asteroids in your first screenshot are Carbon Asteroids and are, in fact, only 10,000 KM away.

You should be reading things bottom-to-top -- put more succinctly, the "distance" is whatever the number *below* the planets are, not above them.

OniSpaceMap.thumb.png.fab7ff39945915dc8b93206ad28efed7.png

8 hours ago, Tsabo said:

Is it not the case that you can't reach the planetoids because your rocket has 5 times as many modules (and therefore weight) than it should?

Try building a rocket with only ONE research module.

Ignore that.

While it's a bug that's been reported solved many time, in some rare cases people still complain of rounding errors and getting too few databanks.

It's always a good idea to sent 6 research modules on your first rocket(s). Even better, if you're using only one steam rocket, send 7. Later you can deconstruct the engine, module 2 and 4, and build in place, w/o waiting, a petrol engine, a solid oxydizer tank, a liquid fuel tank, and you have your 5-modules research rocket with petroleum engine ready to go, w/o deconstructing the capsule or changing the height of the silo.

8 hours ago, Tsabo said:

Is it not the case that you can't reach the planetoids because your rocket has 5 times as many modules (and therefore weight) than it should?

Try building a rocket with only ONE research module.

Ignore that.

While it's a bug that's been reported solved many time, in some rare cases people still complain of rounding errors and getting too few databanks.

It's always a good idea to sent 6 research modules on your first rocket(s). Even better, if you're using only one steam rocket, send 7. Later you can deconstruct the engine, module 2 and 4, and build in place, w/o waiting, a petrol engine, a solid oxydizer tank, a liquid fuel tank, and you have your 5-modules research rocket with petroleum engine ready to go, w/o deconstructing the capsule or changing the height of the silo.

You dont reach the first 2 planets, because your engine has not enough fuel. Your current reachable distance is 252 kilometers. Fuel the thing up, select the first blue destination, and you´ll be fine. 

You have to read the display showed from top to bottom. Everything below 20k km is 10k km. The ones above the 20k km line are at 20k km, and so on. 

thank you all, i realized like an hour or two after i posted this how to do it. glad to see there are so many helpful people in the community :)

On 8/23/2020 at 10:49 PM, Red Shark said:

I believe you're misreading the interface. The two blue asteroids in your first screenshot are Carbon Asteroids and are, in fact, only 10,000 KM away.

You should be reading things bottom-to-top -- put more succinctly, the "distance" is whatever the number *below* the planets are, not above them.

OniSpaceMap.thumb.png.fab7ff39945915dc8b93206ad28efed7.png

that's exactly what i was doing lmao. Thank you.

Archived