GIF profile pictures

Primalflower

On 9/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, gaymime said:

-shrugs- i wasn't allowed the last time i looked either. maybe it is a special user privilege?

It isn't, there's still an issue with it from my side aswell as few other people, so you're not alone on it. I made a post about that issue in April. Appearently the only sensible answer i got was from a mod, stating the following :

I think there was some trouble with people using gif images that could cause convulsions? I'm not exactly sure either, but I believe it was something troubling like that.

I guess you would have to directly DM either an admin or a mod to get anymore concrete information regarding it. My best bet is that the GIF file pfp function is broken.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:36 PM, JoeW said:

I am not allowing more GIF profile pics. Originally I didn't have the ability to disallow it, so a couple people have them from a while back. But gif profile pics haven't been allowed for a while now.  

could you possibly elaborate on your reasons for removing them initially?

On 10/4/2020 at 2:16 AM, gaymime said:

could you possibly elaborate on your reasons for removing them initially?

I didn't want them to begin with but due to a forum upgrade there was no elegant solution to avoid it at the time. 

Archived